Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: Spence Isn't an Option Next; I'm Not Ranked By the IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    Bud does have power. And it's not like Spence doesn't get tagged either. The difference in skill is big imo.

And if he comes at Bud, it'll be over sooner. Bud has a jab and he is a body puncher. And he can float.
    Like I said - he has good but not crushing power at 140. We will see how that translates to 147 in the Horn fight if that is up next.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Like I said - he has good but not crushing power at 140. We will see how that translates to 147 in the Horn fight if that is up next.
      The Horn fight is made and Bud has skills. Power plays a part in boxing but power can nullified by a good boxer.

Comment

• That would be funny if the Ibf would read this article and automatically made him the mandatory....

Comment

• Man even Shawn Porter is shamelessly ducking Spence

Comment

• When Spence becomes #1 money maker in the division all these guys will be begging to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              The Horn fight is made and Bud has skills. Power plays a part in boxing but power can nullified by a good boxer.
              Bud reminds me of Floyd when it comes to punch power, not heavy handed but he lands clean and gets your attention. You don't need power if you can do that and box.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                Porter doesn’t even have to be ranked can be voluntarily defense
                You are misinformed. That isn't how boxing works. The champion can only defend against ranked fighters. That is why promoters spend the money to get their fighters ranked by winning regional titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  Porter could have fought Spence for his belt
                  False. Porter was not offered the Spence fight last year.

but chose to fight Granados instead
                  False. Porter was not offered the Spence fight last year.

waiting on Thurman. Porter said he was on the WBC path, IBF was old news, had that belt.
                  Like most fighters, Porter considers the WBC belt the most prestigious. That is the belt most boxers grow up dreaming about winning.

D. Garcia could have fought Spence for his belt but chose to fight Rios instead
                  False. Garcia was not offered the Spence fight. He was offered a fight against Porter for the interim WBC championship, but Garcia wanted to take the rest of the year off and preferred a lesser opponent for his first fight back.

Thurman said may fight Spence in 2019, after a tune up and rematch with Porter or Garcia. He could fight Spence before, but won't.
                  Thurman vs. Spence is tentatively scheduled for early March 2019 on CBS.

Thurman vs. Spence is a MUCH BIGGER FIGHT one year from now than it would be right now. Give the public a chance to find out Spence exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    Bud reminds me of Floyd when it comes to punch power, not heavy handed but he lands clean and gets your attention. You don't need power if you can do that and box.
                    Exactly. Bud saps your power, outboxes you and keeps the heat on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
                      Porter is mandatory to WBC you want him to give that up that spot to fight Spence?

Bro, I dont care about titles enough to differentiate or have a preference of which is more important. We all see Thurman AND Spence as the champs and best in the division.

The fan in me wants Porter to fight both. Id rather him fight Spence and never get the Thurman rematch, then lose to Thurman and never fight Spence.

Do you not want the best to fight the best when available? Whats wrong with fighting Spence? Or is this just about those meaningless, crooked Organizations? Plus, he'd get more respect for beating Spence!

I call out all fighters for passing on the top fights available, unless injured. Even my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                      X