Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would people's perception of Paul Williams be different if he was Mexican or PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will say this much: mexicans and puerto ricans support their fighters. you go out there, you put everything on the line, hey, we love you. blacks, african-americans, give you nowhere near the same support. they expect, you can't deliver, it's either "forget that dude" or "i said he was going to lose".

many people i know don't even follow boxing anymore. roy jones jr. was the last person that was really that guy. when he got knocked out, that was it. people gave up on him.

when roy jones jr. is talking about that people counted him out, he's probably talking about his own community and social circles. that's how it is.

now, i'm not part of the mexican and puerto rican communities, so i'm just commenting on how it appears from the outside and talking to the people i know but i still have a "co-worker" that swears by cotto. anything puerto rican, every puerto rican i know is supporting it, at least, in spirit.

i had blacks telling me mayweather was about to lose to jmm so i understand what floyd is talking about when he says his own people don't support him.

in conclusion, i think paul williams would be more known and better supported if he was mexican or puerto rican. he'd have a bigger fanbase and more people behind him based on, if nothing else, nationality. he would be fighting for their country everytime he stepped in that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Actually they do have MTV en espanol. But you should of known that being the Righteous Mexican that you are.

Why should I be mad?? I think it's you that should be mad after DLH gave it to the "Legend" JCC.
      Holy ****, I didn't know it was called MTV en espanol thanks for pointing that out.

Awww bringing up your pocho idol and saying something derogatory about the greatest Mexican boxer of all time how sad

And you want to call yourself Mexican

Comment

Originally posted by RABA View Post
        Holy ****, I didn't know it was called MTV en espanol thanks for pointing that out.

Awww bringing up your pocho idol and saying something derogatory about the greatest Mexican boxer of all time how sad

And you want to call yourself Mexican
        You're welcome man .

Prove me it isn't a fact?? Since you're so into "facts".

I'm sorry I can never be the Gran Frijol like you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            That song is my ringtone.

Shadows where you at?????

Comment

I can't picture a Rican or a Mexican that tall LOL.
              All jokes aside though, if Williams was either he'd be 10x more popular. He would probably be making way more than he is now. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                You're welcome man .

Prove me it isn't a fact?? Since you're so into "facts".

I'm sorry I can never be the Gran Frijol like you.
                Sarcasm but OK.

It's ok, Stay nut hugging your pocho fighters None of them are even top 50 ATG like Barrera, Morales, Chavez, Finito etc. etc.

You just have ODLH and Vargas

Comment

Alejandro!!!!!!!

Comment

No, not at all. He's a warrior regardless of what his skin color or nationality he is. Look at what the dude has fought through. A lot of fighters would've quit with the kind of cuts he suffered against Phillips and Martinez. Hell, Pavlik practically quit when he fought Martinez and Cotto ran like a ***** against Clottey. But Williams brought the heat and fought harder when he got cut in his fights. Gotta respect him for that. But he's losing whatever respect I got for him by not being a warrior outside of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
                      I can't picture a Rican or a Mexican that tall LOL.
                      All jokes aside though, if Williams was either he'd be 10x more popular. He would probably be making way more than he is now. That's for sure.
                      Yep, I agree. Its funny that Paul Williams is perceived as a fighter who has no defense and an overated bum. But Im pretty sure if he was Mexican, people would say what an entertaining, always coming forward, type of fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X