Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Wilder have the hardest punch in P4P history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Theres no proof he hits any harder than joshua. Its just been taken as gospel that he does even though joshuas bombing out better opposition.
    Exactly. Remove all the early bums, they mean nothing.

Replace his last 10 fights with Joshua type opposition. Hey presto, he's not that good.

He is unashamed of his ducking, and his fanatic followers applaud him when he avoids the big fights.

He, and they, are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Total lie. Wilder fought tterrible opposition.

Klitschkos did too, but they fought everyone in the top 10 and every other champion
      Where was he supposed to find all these top notch opposition residing in the state of Alabama? The man was fighting in front of five hundred seat High school gymnasiums for crying out loud. There were no television or any top prospect fighters in his region.

He only fought the opposition that was available to him at the time. Remember he didn't have a major backing in Top Rank or the PBC to give him that extra push as Anthony Joshua did with Matchroom Sport.

In addition, he didn't have a line or scores of sponsors backing him up either. Had he won the Olympic Gold medal he would have gotten his first title shot much sooner. Perhaps as soon as after fifteen professional fights.

However, since he only won the Bronze and was an unknown from a small town, it took him more than twice the amount of fights (33) that it took AJ (16) to get his first title shot.

Comment

Nope. When you’ve fought 39 tomato cans you will have a high KO ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Wildher can't even knock out glass chin Fury. His power is overrated.
          Every knockout puncher ever lived had opponents they couldn't knock out. It doesn't make their power overrated.

Comment

His one punch KO power is insane. They are not stoppages that the ref has to save them, they are out.

But until he don't fight more top guys he can't be rated p4p in history. Julian Jackson has that title for me. Forman had a heavy punch but he used to punish his foes until submission

Comment

No...if he did Fury would not have gotten up

Comment

Anthony Joshua would have knocked out every single one of Wilder's KO victims. And of their two common opponents (Jason Gavern and Eric Molina) AJ knocked them out faster than Wilder did.

Comment

No.

I think his punching power is overrated, Joshua hits just as hard and with a more variety of punches.

The Strange thing about this era of boxing is? You would think that the super-heavyweight era, would produce more frightening punchers. But in reality only really Deontay Wilder & Anthony Joshua have serious punching power. David Haye was able to come into this super heavyweight division, and he was basically the second biggest puncher in the division for along time 'As I believe Wladimir Kiltschko would a single punch may have just edge him'.

Dillian Whyte's power seems one dimensional, his power is contained mostly in his left hook.

The 90's was the hardest hitting heavyweight era ever! The 90's consisted of fighters who had the ability to seriously damage people from single shots, along with fighters with a multi dimensional arsenals.

For me one of the most frightening power punchers I have seen, was a peak David Tua. 'Even during his last comeback, he had a fear factor which surrounded him! I really enjoyed his fights with Monte Barrett'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-07-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    Every knockout puncher ever lived had opponents they couldn't knock out. It doesn't make their power overrated.
                    Yes it does if you only knock out lower level opposition or lower weight division boxers.

Comment

I didn't think wilder hit hard until he knocked fury down not once but twice.
                      So I doubt he hits hardest p4p

Comment

Working...
                      X