Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who want Pac-May to retire so the younger fighters can have a chance, why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny can stay he gives entertaining fights. Floyd can leave for ever cause his business ways hurt the sport. People want to fight Floyd for the money not to try to beat him. About a couple truly believe they can beat him the others just want the pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Move onto who? Tell me the young fighters that are trying to do what Mayweather and Pac did at their age? Everybody is posturing and trying to get to the top via the path of least resistance. The so called biggest name in boxing has created his own weight class while holding the title that was once held by greats like Monzon, Hagler, Leonard, Hopkins, McClellan, Jackson....and refuses to defend the title at the limit. Why should this BS be accepted and two greats like Pac and Floyd be pushed out the door?

If these young fighters wanna be the man they need to step up and act like it. I hope Pac and Floyd keep fighting and take their shine because nothing should be handed to these young guys.
      Floyd and Manny are all time great fighters. Those don't come around every few seconds. It almost sounds like you think they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
        Manny can stay he gives entertaining fights. Floyd can leave for ever cause his business ways hurt the sport. People want to fight Floyd for the money not to try to beat him. About a couple truly believe they can beat him the others just want the pay day.
        Lol good way of putting it in perspective.

Comment

These young guys call out Floyd and Manny regularly.

Many are better opponents than Algeieri, Berto, the Ghost, Rios and others.

You got, in no particular order:

Crawford
          Spence
          Thurman
          Vargas
          Brook

Etc.

Lots of young lions.

Old dudes fighting old dudes, I want to see prime up and coming guys go at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            Agreed! I want to see guys like Castillo and Maidana bring the heat!

Comment

They are both retired so what's the problem?

Comment

Move onto who? Tell me the young fighters that are trying to do what Mayweather and Pac did at their age? Everybody is posturing and trying to get to the top via the path of least resistance. The so called biggest name in boxing has created his own weight class while holding the title that was once held by greats like Monzon, Hagler, Leonard, Hopkins, McClellan, Jackson....and refuses to defend the title at the limit. Why should this BS be accepted and two greats like Pac and Floyd be pushed out the door?

If these young fighters wanna be the man they need to step up and act like it. I hope Pac and Floyd keep fighting and take their shine because nothing should be handed to these young guys.
                The thing is a lot of these guys were given a lot they didn't need to do what a floyd needed to do to get to the top. Once floyd got to the top he was more 'calculating' in his opponent selection, these guys are just doing the same thing without having had to risks to get there theyve just been promoted there.
                Cinnamon is a joke with a ridiculously overrated resume who doesnt want to get killed. Lara said it best when canelo is the biggest name in the sport (supposedly) but he has limited talent and thats the truth

Comment

We need new faces

Comment

These younger fighters ain't doing nothing to prove they deserve to take over the sport from Pac and Floyd. What younger fighters out there are attempting to fight the level of competition Floyd and Manny fought when they were that age? Which one of these younger fighters has fought someone on the level of Morales? Or Corralles? Or Marquez? Or Castillo? These young fighters aint trying to do what Floyd and Pac did to get to where they are today. These young fighters don't deserve what Floyd and Pac worked for. If they want the public to forget about Floyd and Pac they need to go out there and do what Floyd and Pac did. Until they do that I still wanna see Floyd and Pac.
                    It's not that. May and Pac can continue fighting but I don't want to see them fight Berto and trilogies. Fight the top dudes in the division.

Comment

If Floyd or Pac want to face the Thurman-Porter winner or Kell Brook then great. But if they will face each other or face someone they are certain to beat like they did last time out then no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X