Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Wilder vs. Whyte To Get Joshua is Stupid, Whyte Irrelevant!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Didn't have a problem but he did?

Whyte was the biggest financial offer by far on the table for Wilder. As i said it would also get him exposure in the UK and make a Joshua fight bigger. The only reason for Wilder to turn that down is if he wasn't confident.

As it stands now Parker is more known in the UK because he's actually fought here, than Wilder is. Which makes Parker a bigger fight. Get to the back of the queue Wilder. Quack quack.........
    The quacks you hear are from AJ, who said, from his own mouth and in his own words, that Wilder is too experienced for him and he needs until 2019 or 2020 to be ready to fight Wilder.

That’s what he said. Quack, quack.

Hearn’s offer of a “career-high purse” wasn’t simply for Wilder vs. Whyte ... it was for Wilder vs. Whyte WITH options to promote Wilder’s future fights.

Which means Hearn would be promoting both AJ and Wilder, which means Wilder would lose negotiating power for a unification.

Hearn was high-balling an offer for a Whyte fight in order to lowball the big unification and get Wilder on the cheap — and also it would give Hearn the right to dictate things like drug testing (not just who, but how often and at what level of scrutiny) AJ would have to go through.

Wilder wasn’t going to give all that way to make a little extra $$$ on the front end while losing everything on the back end. It would have been idiotic to do so.

Wilder has already fought in the UK, btw, when he nearly decapitated Audley Harrison (not looked upon as a big deal now, but at the time Brits were rating Audley’s chances very high).

So Wilder has fought in AJ’s country. He’s done something to raise his stock int he UK. Time for AJ to come to the USA and try to raise his stock here and make it a WORLD title unification.

And if Whyte is so freaking relevant, why wasn’t Hearn trying to sub him in when Pulev pulled out, or when Pulev originally said he wanted to wait until next year for this fight? Whyte has one semi-relevant win, a split decision over shopworn journeyman Chisora.

The whole thing’s a joke. Go back to AJ and his “Wilder’s too experienced, I need 2 more years to even CONSIDER getting into the ring with him” speech. It says it all.

Comment

I wrote this yesterday, Whyte is irrelevant, he only matters to ethnocentric UK fans that actually believe America cares about the UK domestic scene to the point that we pay attention to averagefighters like Whyte.

America already is having attention span problems, Whyte is not the type of talent that is going to shake us out of our apathy.

Not to mention he got erased by AJ prior to winning a title, or a meaningful fight, he a loud mouth that will never be a serious champion in the HW division. Whyte is a glorified gate keeper, a joke, please dont tell me "he beat chisora".

A win over DC and 50 cents gets you a bus ticket in boxing.

Chisora is another irrelevant UK Heavyweight that has never won a world title, only matters to UK fans and networks, thats it.

Eddie Hearn is doing everything he can to avoid Wilder, any real boxing fan can see through the BS.

AJ is terrified of Wilder, to the point, that he is going to pass on a fight that would break the box office worldwide if it was staged next spring in the UK.
      Last edited by Clubber Pac; 10-19-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hammer View Post
        No, Pulev pulled out because of an injury.

Then, Joshua got decent top ten HW (Carlos Takam) to replace him.

Povetkin and Ortiz never pulled out. Wilder didn't like Ortiz' high blood pressure medication, and Povetkin's microscopic trace of something that had been legal a few months before. WILDER WAS AFRAID.

Then Wilder chose to fight journeymen or old faded guys.
        Moronic logic. I'm done here.
        ����������������

Comment

Originally posted by Lou DiBella
          If Dillian Whyte is such a force in the heavyweight division, why is AJ fighting Carlos Takam and not Dillian Whyte?
          Didn't Joshua already stop Whyte or am I missing something?

Comment

There is a lot of irony in Wilder. He did not deserve his title shot against Stiverne because honestly his resume is full of bums. But he won and got a title.

Now why can't he just give others the same chance he got?

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              Wilder's handlers saw the left hook Dillian Whyte caught Joshua with and don't want to risk that glass and the Joshua pay day.
              😂😂😂😂😂😂 mental.

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                bruh bruh if aj and pulev can sell 70,000 then aj n wilder sell out wembley and you know that. **** my personal opinion but wilder probably more known in the uk than the states lol. So yea why stall a already sold out fight lol.70-30 65 -45 wilder takes either. Let em fight.
                65+45=110 😂😂😂😂

Comment

Some of the comments on this thread are golden

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Wilder-Whyte makes more sense than any other fight for Wilder. It would get him exposure in the UK and would also be Wilders biggest payday outside a Joshua fight. Wilder is obviously not confident and which is why he ducked Whyte.
                    Im pretty sure UK fans that go to watch a non headline guy like Whyte
                    fight don't need him to sell it, the WBC heavyweight belt does that

I can't see what the point of boxing Dillian Shyte is , sure he's good banter but Wilder doesnt need him to make his name I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                      Lol DiBella is a moron he is acting like Wilder has any pull in the making of the Joshua fight. He is a nobody and better go through Whyte if he wants the money fight. Which will be the best opponent Wilder has faced in his career anyway.
                      Exactly. What I can't tolerate are all the excuse-makers. Protecting their hero Wilder. Ridiculous. And here, DiBella saying why Takam and not Whyte. Ridiculous again. With that logic, why didn't Wilder choose Whyte and not Stiverne? Strange thinking goes on in this sport a lot lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X