No announcement yet.

6 months without hitting a bag or

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraidycat
    A guy in my gym busted his wrist on his power hand, went three months sparring one-handed. When he got both hands back, he was FIERCE. He developed a really interesting, looping defense when he only had one good hand. He slips and weaves like a mofo and his jab hand is fast as hell on the parries and counters -- I'm talking cat quick. He says it was the best thing that ever happened to him.

God throws this stuff at you for a reason.
    i did it by hitting the bottom of an already hard bag i felt so stupid i did not even tell my coach and i had to hold up the mitts right after it hurt like a *****, lol

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat
      A guy in my gym busted his wrist on his power hand, went three months sparring one-handed. When he got both hands back, he was FIERCE. He developed a really interesting, looping defense when he only had one good hand. He slips and weaves like a mofo and his jab hand is fast as hell on the parries and counters -- I'm talking cat quick. He says it was the best thing that ever happened to him.

God throws this stuff at you for a reason.
      Ive heard boxers say stuff like that

malignaggi comes to mind.

Comment

Something happened to your hand and the doctors don't know what happened??

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
          Something happened to your hand and the doctors don't know what happened??
          yes, i have been to hand specalists and they cant find anything wrong even though whenever i throw a left hook it hurts my wrist

Comment

yes, i have been to hand specalists and they cant find anything wrong even though whenever i throw a left hook it hurts my wrist
            Maybe that a sign you should stop boxing... It's an omen you shouldn't ignore.
            I remember a few years ago my uncle kept losing his sight and then regaining it a few moments later for no apparent reason. Doctors couldn't find out why this was happening. My uncle refused to adjust to this lifestyle and found himself crashing his car through the wall of an old peoples home - killing his father and himself in the process.

I hope this ficticious event helps you to look deeper into your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
              If they cant find anything wrong maybe there missing something (not likely but u never know)

U say whenever u throw a left hook it hurts, bad technique maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
                Maybe that a sign you should stop boxing... It's an omen you shouldn't ignore.
                I remember a few years ago my uncle kept losing his sight and then regaining it a few moments later for no apparent reason. Doctors couldn't find out why this was happening. My uncle refused to adjust to this lifestyle and found himself crashing his car through the wall of an old peoples home - killing his father and himself in the process.

I hope this ficticious event helps you to look deeper into your problem.
                i am not going to quit boxing thats bul****, the reason they did not find anything is because i believe it's Nerve not tendon or ligament which i think is what shows up on MRI.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigga
                  If they cant find anything wrong maybe there missing something (not likely but u never know)

U say whenever u throw a left hook it hurts, bad technique maybe?
                  something to do with my wrist Only hurts when a hook i can jab as hard as i want and no pain

Comment

i am not going to quit boxing thats bul****, the reason they did not find anything is because i believe it's Nerve not tendon or ligament which i think is what shows up on MRI.
                    The moral of the story is to never drive if you go blind.

You should just check the technique of your hook. Sounds like you might have your hand or wrist relaxed when you land and it's ****ing you up.

Comment

Sounds weird. Maybe you should stop......with that hand...

You know....

Comment

Working...
                      X