• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    you hope he has an injury

thread/
    Nope.

Keep reaching.

I really hope this fight happens. Im very confident in ward getting beat up.
    I truely just think he will stall and make excuses.

Nobody scaeed of wat hing ward get beat.

His level of opposition has showed he cant beat kovalev. Beating c and d level fighters isnt close to fighting the man at 175.

Levels to this boxing thing. LEVELS

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      I bet kovalev fails a drug test and andre ward gets blamed for ducking
      if he was haymons fighter he would pay vada to have a positive on Sergi

Comment

The insistence that Ward won't fight Kovalev reeks of desperation. Like people really don't want to see it, so they're still, somehow, convincing themselves it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
          you mean you"HOPE"..same posters in every thread praying the fight doesnt happen
          I don't agree with Larry much, but it's so obvious. The same posters keep saying the same bull****. They've been saying it all year. They were the same ones saying Ward would never move up because of Kovalev.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              The insistence that Ward won't fight Kovalev reeks of desperation. Like people really don't want to see it, so they're still, somehow, convincing themselves it won't.
              I think it happens but can you blame people for being skeptical after what Ward has shown in the past 5 years? Not to mention his whining last year when the contract was offered by HBO: not fair, double standards, why they make me go up and not the other guy? Now he says 175 is a struggle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Pretty sure people liked ward before Floyd retired.. Just saying the guys that keep saying "ward ducking doe he ran to 175.. He doesn't wanna fight" are golovkin fans praying the fight doesn't happen
                i think golovkin's people are probably more to blame for not showing willingness to fight ward after the lemieux ppv. from what we can gather after the fact, the teams talked abotu a potential fight between ward and golovkin while the lemieux fight was signed. the stories differ a bit, but it's pretty clear that neither side wanted the fight right away. ward would be a heavy favorite agaisnt golovkin for a fight between pound for pounders, so i think it's fair to say that even if both teams didn't want the fight, golovkin's team wanted it less because of how stacked the deck would be. bigger guy. southpaw. great chin. etc.

having established my feelings on that, and hopefully establishing myself as neutral in all of this, i ask anybody who thinks kathy duva appears to be at fault; why? what are you looking at that makes you say, "kathy's lying to get the fight called off, and rocnation, who didn't show for the press conference and was / is blocking tickets from being sold, wants the fight."

that's a narrative i heard immediately and out of the blue. it absolutely blew my mind to see grown men making things up to benefit an agenda.

anybody who has been around boxingscene knows that i have gone to bat for andre ward in multiple bscene debates. that guy should thank me.

we need objectivity around here. we don't know the entire story, but presented with the facts what rocnation did does not look good. these guys have fabricated out of nothingness that kathy duva is trying to cancel the biggest potential fight for her only big client. they deduced this after rocnation told duva not to sell tickets, and sent zero representation to a press conference to announce ticket sales and start the promotion of a f#Cking las vegas ppv.

jesus christ this place can get pathetic.

Comment

John David Jackson makes all the Wardtards cry.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    I think it happens but can you blame people for being skeptical after what Ward has shown in the past 5 years? Not to mention his whining last year when the contract was offered by HBO: not fair, double standards, why they make me go up and not the other guy? Now he says 175 is a struggle lol.
                    He has not walked away from any fight. He has not faked injuries to avoid anyone. He has given no indication, not once, that he is looking for a way out. What happened in the past 5 years was an entirely separate issue that had nothing to do with avoiding fights.

So yes, I can damn well blame people for saying Ward will try and avoid a fight by doing things he has literally never done before. Insisting Ward will find a way to avoid this fight is pure wishful thinking by a lot of people who don't want to face the possibility that Ward will beat Kovalev. That's why it is always the same posters who said he wouldn't move up, that he wouldn't agree to fight Kovalev, that he would fake injuries against his other opponents, and are now saying he will fake injury to avoid it now.

It's pure bull**** born of fanboyism and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Nope.

Keep reaching.

I really hope this fight happens. Im very confident in ward getting beat up.
                      I truely just think he will stall and make excuses.

Nobody scaeed of wat hing ward get beat.

His level of opposition has showed he cant beat kovalev. Beating c and d level fighters isnt close to fighting the man at 175.

Levels to this boxing thing. LEVELS
                      Yea its levels to boxing and Ward has already shown he can perform and win in the amatuers at the highest level and the pros in the highest level

thats why the man hasnt lost a fight since the 90s

you dont have to be scared of anything, you are not the one he or kov has to fight....you're a side line, keyboard boxer

Clearly you havent watched much boxing if you think Ward isnt the best fighter Kov will have faced in his entire career.

Both will be each others toughest test in the pros.

moving...on

Comment

Working...
                      X