Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's A Better Win for Andre Ward, Froch or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comparison really. Kovalev would brutally KOed Froch if two ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Skill? Athleticism? Power?

If you want to kid yourself into thinking Froch is better than Kovalev go ahead. Ward isn't even that same fighter he was back then anyway.. He looks rusty!

Comparing Froch to Kovalev is like comparing MW Arthur Abraham to a Sergio Martinez with more power & a better chin IMO Kovalev has more dimensions to his game. He's not a Pavlik, Froch or an Abraham no matter how much certain factions pretend he is. Yes he looked a little auto pilot & lackadaisical last time out but i suspect that's down to being a tad unmotivated for Chilemba.

Froch was a great champion who had a will to win but on many occasions he came from behind to do so (Taylor, Groves, Dirrell) & he lost to Kessler which i cannot see Kovalev doing in any way shape or form.
      Isaac is a slippery customer to be fair so it's not hugely surprising Kovalev didn't look like a 'Killer'. The majority of NSB agrees with you but I'd have to see what he does post Ward. If he lost to Ward and retired straight afterwards Froch would stand as the better win.

Originally posted by AD86 View Post
      A lot of people seem to like to run down Froch but his record should stand the test of time well as the only win really missing from it would be Ward although Ward turned out to be too good. Saying that tho Kovalevs been built up to be a killer and will look look the better win at the moment but like others have said before if his career tanks after the loss then Froch will be the better win.
      Something along these lines...

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I don't value looking great against limited opposition over looking good against consistently good opposition

Froch is the better fighter, Kovalev is more methodical, Froch he was tougher, and I predict that Froch will have end up giving a tougher fight to Ward than Kovalev will, because he is the better all around fighter. He not only has a better resume, he has better intangibles. Froch is being severely underrated because of "the new guy" syndrome
      Green K. The forum doesn't agree though but history can't be rewritten. Hopefully someone stumbles along this in the future (or bumps it when Ward gets KO'd).

Comment

Hard to say now. Kovalev isn't fully proven. I think we'd know the answer in a couple years.

Comment

Which win is better?

Froch - who got retired by GGG?

Kovalev - who got dropped and hurt in sparring against GGG?

Still definitely Kovalev,he is just better than Froch at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            resume and p4p lists are different things. froch was never a bonafide pound for pounder, and he's also a LHW.

froch < kovalev as a win, even if froch is the borderline hall of famer now and kovalev is not.

resume and p4p lists are different things.

I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Hard to say now. Kovalev isn't fully proven. I think we'd know the answer in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I don't value looking great against limited opposition over looking good against consistently good opposition

Froch is the better fighter, Kovalev is more methodical, Froch he was tougher, and I predict that Froch will have end up giving a tougher fight to Ward than Kovalev will, because he is the better all around fighter. He not only has a better resume, he has better intangibles. Froch is being severely underrated because of "the new guy" syndrome
                Oh jesus. Ok then Froch is a better fighter. If it makes you happy.

Why do i bother.

Comment

If Ward wins then Kovalev will be the better win

Comment

In real life where weight is a thing, Kovalev is a much much tougher fight than Froch.

He is also a better fighter P4P, and will probably prove to have a greater career eventually.

Comment

At this point, I say Froch. Because Froch had much better wins overall. If Ward beats Kovalev then we have to see what Kovalev accomplishes afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X