Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter on Bob Arum's Radar as "Next" Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope somebody take's over boxing and there is one belt per division. Dana White?

Comment

Bud is the most technical welter/middle out there. Just you wait

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        There's no chance in Hell this fight happens unless Shawn Porter becomes Terence Crawford's mandatory challenger for his WBO title. Bob Arum is going to run through the same roadblocks he did in trying to get the Erroll Spence/Terence Crawford made. Also, mind you that both Porter and Spence are promoted by the same promotional company; The PBC which was founded by Al Haymon.

What roadblocks?

Arum said that he and haymon discussed doing a joint espn/fox ppv for crawford/Spence late 2020. Arum said that he and haymon were aboard. Then Spence got in a car crash and now that plan is scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          What roadblocks?

Arum said that he and haymon discussed doing a joint espn/fox ppv for crawford/Spence late 2020. Arum said that he and haymon were aboard. Then Spence got in a car crash and now that plan is scrapped.
          Well that is at least encouraging news that the two sides are in talks. However, until the contracts are both drafted and signed then I will believe it until I see it.

Comment

All of you who are claiming that Bud would KO Porter are just biased PBC haters. Hell, even Keith Thurman and Erroll Spence, Jr couldn't stop Porter and both of them are considered big Welterweights as opposed to Terence Crawford who is considered a small Welterweight.
            Shit!

Comment

It would be a great fight but sadly Crawford won’t get credit no matter how impressive of a win it is. A lot of people will just say he’s coming off a loss to Spence & he’s just Spence’s leftovers.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then Bob needs to stfu and continue ruining Crawford legacy

Comment

I love Crawford, but there is no fighter on his resume to make me think he beats a beast like Porter. No, Porter doesn’t have the skill set to beat Crawford, but he damn sure has the style, size, athleticism, and intangibles to pull it off. He has also fought the better competition over the years and has sparred the legendary Pacquiao. I give Porter the edge. But honestly, I don’t see Arum taking that risk. Danny and Mikey Garcia are both easier routes than Porter.

Comment

Bob needs to do whatever is necessary to get the best for whom many believe to be the best.

Like everyone Arum likes a pop star, a talker that comes forward and provide excitement because they're fun and easy to promote. But Terrance is no pop star, he's a modern day jazz musician with the rare ability to create on the fly and Bob needs to acknowledge that. He owes it to Terrance, he owes it to boxing. Subsidize the art form or give Terrance the option to find a more suitable home.

A show of homage would be to pay Porter because that's all it will take.

Make no mistake Shawn isn't part of the group think PBC Scientology of boxing. Shawn is his own man, God 1st, fighter 2nd and businessman 3rd.

Arum needs to pay Shawn even if he eats the cost and get it done....preferably yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                      I love Crawford, but there is no fighter on his resume to make me think he beats a beast like Porter. No, Porter doesn’t have the skill set to beat Crawford, but he damn sure has the style, size, athleticism, and intangibles to pull it off. He has also fought the better competition over the years and has sparred the legendary Pacquiao. I give Porter the edge. But honestly, I don’t see Arum taking that risk. Danny and Mikey Garcia are both easier routes than Porter.
                      Shawn is without question a difficult style for Terrance. Porter is a more talented, skilled, bigger, stronger guy then Horn and he can box...he's a nightmare for anyone. If the do fight I fully expect it to be a close fight, easily as close as Porter vs Spence.

BTW, I agree, Danny and Mikey are much easier than Porter. Unfortunately neither have any intention of getting in with Crawford...not for any amount. Both of those guys are businessman 1st and Crawford is certain to beat them.

Comment

Working...
                      X