No announcement yet.

New Zealand Senator blames the Muslims for the Mosque attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    This is what is most interesting to me about this whole discussion of integrating muslims in the west.

Out in Brooklyn where I grew up, if you go to areas where there are a lot of Muslims (eg Bay Ridge) you don't see any substantial issues with employment, crime etc. And the people I knew who were members of MSA (muslim student association) on my campus were mostly good students in science & engineering.

But I don't know all the data with respect to this in Europe. It could be that the situation is much different with the refugees and it would be interesting to learn why, if so.

I'm not sure specifically what you are referring to, but I will say I also have grown weary with the anti-gun movement. Banning assault rifles doesn't really bother me, as I can see little legitimate reason for me to own one, but I'd still like the retain the right to own a firearm. While there would be no gun violence if there were no guns, there is no path to a gunless America at this point and it'd be better to have one that not.
    Banning assault rifles doesnt do shiet

Worthless gun law among thousands of worthless gun laws

1. Assault rifles are full auto

Full auto weapons have been banned since the 1960s or earlier

With help from the NRA even

2. Semi auto rifles are rarely used in murders

Probably less than 1%

Ppl just scream to ban it because they're uneducated, dont know any better or just dishonest.

Comment

• Whats scary about this thread is that people are talking about the shooting as if it really was 'retaliation'. It wasnt. These shootings never are. Even when muslims do it, they convince their uneducated, lonely, poor and usually mentally ill to carry out these atrocities. This guy was a nutcase.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Whats scary about this thread is that people are talking about the shooting as if it really was 'retaliation'. It wasnt. These shootings never are. Even when muslims do it, they convince their uneducated, lonely, poor and usually mentally ill to carry out these atrocities. This guy was a nutcase.
        That's the difference between the west Christian, jew, atheist world and the Muslim world

******s like that Christchurch aussie disgust most of the western world

In the Muslim world, most of them approve of these Muslim wackos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          That's the difference between the west Christian, jew, atheist world and the Muslim world

I agree with you that they certainly dont spend alot of time denouncing their own.

At least not in public.

Comment

Exactly.

In the US, we are a Christian nation.

That means our juries have a lot of Christians on them.

And our juries throw abortion doctor killers and terrorists like Tim McVeigh in prison or put them on Death Row.

I'd wager my bottom dollar that if we start trying terrorists in court here with Muslim juries, those terrorists would be being found Not Guilty quite often.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              That's the lefts brand of politics, a lot of name calling and label branding
              I have to cosign this: I come from a progressive family and have progressive values, grew up a minority myself etc...BUT the left that we see today? does not represent progressive values imo. I think we have to look at all "brands" to find progressive minded individuals.

What is funny to me is that when I was growing up in was the so called Right that was legislating morality. Telling woman what to do, forcing people to abide by cultural values not part of our secular ways....BUT in this day and age it is the LEFT telling people what words they can use, censoring every group,, etc. I think this change caught a lot of people on the left by suprise and they are still not aware of it.

Comment

I would not think most of them approve. There are a tremendous amount of people who profess to be Muslim Christian Jewish. Do you realize that if 1% of the population approved compared to 99% how many people that is? for any one of these religions.

I do think that the Muslim community, with the many different individuals might be searching for an appropriate way to be of one voice and condemn these events. I say this because you have to consider the following:

There are conflicts within the Muslim community... there are also many smaller communities that are not even part of mainstream Islam. Suffi traditions for example. When one considers the sheer volume of voices, it becomes realistic to consider why there has not been one voice here.

My own feeling is that we do need to watch immigration and make sure that we vet the proper individuals. As Ibad says, there is a tradition in the United States...It is technically a dialectic between Christian values and Secular values... a dialectic which quite normally has conflicts on occasion...Atheists that do not want to recite pledges, people wanting to wear garb that is inflammatory, or wanting to express their racial identity, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  I have to cosign this: I come from a progressive family and have progressive values, grew up a minority myself etc...BUT the left that we see today? does not represent progressive values imo. I think we have to look at all "brands" to find progressive minded individuals.

What is funny to me is that when I was growing up in was the so called Right that was legislating morality. Telling woman what to do, forcing people to abide by cultural values not part of our secular ways....BUT in this day and age it is the LEFT telling people what words they can use, censoring every group,, etc. I think this change caught a lot of people on the left by suprise and they are still not aware of it.
                  There is no "left" in that context.

Its just a bunch of different groups getting lumped in together because they are "other" in some way.

Whats the link between feminists, LGTBQ, immigrants, AA... And thats before we into all the online movements.

One group doesnt speak for the whole "left" so they shouldnt be called "the left" imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                    There is no "left" in that context.

Its just a bunch of different groups getting lumped in together because they are "other" in some way.

Whats the link between feminists, LGTBQ, immigrants, AA... And thats before we into all the online movements.

One group doesnt speak for the whole "left" so they shouldnt be called "the left" imho.
                    They should just be called “leftist”.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

I'm not sure specifically what you are referring to, but I will say I also have grown weary with the anti-gun movement. Banning assault rifles doesn't really bother me, as I can see little legitimate reason for me to own one, but I'd still like to retain the right to own a firearm. While there would be no gun violence if there were no guns, there is no path to a gunless America at this point and it'd be better to have one that not.
                      Because this thread is:

He was wrong but i sympathize with some of his points so let me rationalize why he did it.
                      Nobody should be unarmed around people like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X