Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had adopted a 13 year old Mike Tyson how would you have guided him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had adopted a 13 year old Mike Tyson how would you have guided him?

What would you have done so that he could fulfill all of his god given potential as a fighter?

Well? Mike was Mike! I actually think Team Tyson in the early part of his career did a great job. And people must remember, even though Mike Tyson was taken advantage of, he was a really intelligent and in terms of psychology very astute? This was a kid who used to manipulate people on the streets and then rob, just so he could eat at times.

I think women where his weakness, I would maybe encourage him to go to church every Sunday. Find a good woman there early on in his career but really? Mike was Mike, even if Team Tyson survive longer than the 1980's? Mike Tyson would of soon broke free, he was just like a Lion or a Tiger. Even still to this day? I believe that Mike Tyson is one of the few boxers that have not been civilized normal into society, even if he states otherwise.

Iron Mike Tyson is still alive, Iron Mike Tyson is like the Hulk inside Bruce Banner.

So to conclude, I would just try and be his friend and have a stronger will than his 'Stand up to him, when he is making bad choices and do it aggressively' gain his respect.

Comment

Hand him over to Cus.

Comment

Tyson was damaged goods long before his thirteenth birthday. Any guy that Teddy Atlas has to point a gun at because he's attempting to hit on his daughter(?) is beyond my ability to help.

That said - I don't think passing him on to D'Amato would be a good idea. The more I've looked into that relationship the less convinced I've become about the nobility of Cus' intentions.

I think he played on Mike's insecurities, manipulated him and whilst improving him as a fighter he turned him into a lousy human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
          Tyson was damaged goods long before his thirteenth birthday. Any guy that Teddy Atlas has to point a gun at because he's attempting to hit on his daughter(?) is beyond my ability to help.

That said - I don't think passing him on to D'Amato would be a good idea. The more I've looked into that relationship the less convinced I've become about the nobility of Cus' intentions.

I think he played on Mike's insecurities, manipulated him and whilst improving him as a fighter he turned him into a lousy human being.
          I don't think Mike Tyson is a lousy human being.

Comment

Whenever he's not training or fighting, keep him in a straight jacket so he doesn't get into trouble by letting his true nature take over.

Comment

- -Mugsy, Mike had definitely been civilized under Cus and Jimmy Jacobs to a higher plane than 99% of forum members ever achieved.

However the damages brought about by the abject negligence and abuse of his childhood lay in wait for the right moment to pounce, and once the apex exploiters King and Givens got their hooks into him, he snapped never to return to that brief moment of innocence of his teens.

Wilt chamberlain speaks highly of Cus who had prepared him to fight Ali, and Wilt suffered no fools or fakery in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Mugsy, Mike had definitely been civilized under Cus and Jimmy Jacobs to a higher plane than 99% of forum members ever achieved.

However the damages brought about by the abject negligence and abuse of his childhood lay in wait for the right moment to pounce, and once the apex exploiters King and Givens got their hooks into him, he snapped never to return to that brief moment of innocence of his teens.

Wilt chamberlain speaks highly of Cus who had prepared him to fight Ali, and Wilt suffered no fools or fakery in his life.
                Mike was apparently drugged by Robin when she staged this interview where she claimed he abused her.

Comment

- -At one point he's alleged to have literally thrown her thru a bedroom wall, but of course we dunno what, if anything she did to react him so.

Certain women are experts in yanking men's chains, and no doubt she and her mom were apex predators.

Poor Mike just a babe in the woods!

Comment

Keep Atlas as a trainer, but hold him accountable, which Cus didn't do, because he seemed to care more about his boxing career from what I've heard in his bios I've seen. Oh yeah and get him the best therapists and get him on that Zoloft earlier in life. It's not that sedating in lower doses. I know because I'm on it. He could either take a smaller dose in the morning and the rest at night or all of it at night to sleep more easily. And have him checked on to make sure he's taking the meds. Test his blood and/or urine periodically if need be or just have him take it in front of someone because he was really troubled early on. Or have him seek treatment willingly because nobody changes unless they want to, but Mike seemed more willing early on.

The sticking point with Atlas early on seemed to be that Cus was a bit of an enabler from what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
                    X