No announcement yet.

My Errol Spence timeline in his next 6 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Errol Spence timeline in his next 6 fights

1. KOs IBF number 2 rank Yordenis Ugas in December this year.
    2. KOs Jessie Vargas in May 2019
    3. Unification fight with Terrence Crawford in September 2019. A superfight in a thrilling finish reminiscent of Leonard-Hearns 1 in 1981. With Spence winning by late TKO.
    4. Spence will do everything to convince Keith Thurman to get into the ring with him but no avail. Thurman will remain unbeaten in 2020 because he's not fighting. There would also be talks of Spence vs Amir Khan but it aint happening. Finally, Spence will make his 154lbs debut against a respectable opponent and easily wins.
    5. In the second half of the year 2020, he will fight for a portion of the Junior Middleweight belt, possibly not against Hurd or Charlo. He will win his second division title.
    6. Successfully defends his crown and retire at 30-0.

My prediction over at WBC is that Shawn Porter edges Danny Garcia but will fall into upset ax in his first title defense, thus putting him out of Spence radar.

And finally in the year 2022, Floyd Mayweather sees having an exhibition bout with the other unbeaten Spence as very attractive to get back into the ring at age 45 😀.

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
    3. Unification fight with Terrence Crawford in September 2019. A superfight in a thrilling finish reminiscent of Leonard-Hearns 1 in 1981. With Spence winning by late TKO.
    4. Spence will do everything to convince Keith Thurman to get into the ring with him but no avail. Thurman will remain unbeaten in 2020 because he's not fighting. There would also be talks of Spence vs Amir Khan but it aint happening. Finally, Spence will make his 154lbs debut against a respectable opponent and easily wins.
    5. In the second half of the year 2020, he will fight for a portion of the Junior Middleweight belt, possibly not against Hurd or Charlo. He will win his second division title.

My prediction over at WBC is that Shawn Porter edges Danny Garcia but will fall into upset ax in his first title defense, thus putting him out of Spence radar.

And finally in the year 2022, Floyd Mayweather sees having an exhibition bout with the other unbeaten Spence as very attractive to get back into the ring at age 45 😀.
    Very romantic but not very realistic. Few great boxers retire at 30 years old when they are making maximum money every fight and winning with ease.Spence weighed 156 on fight night last fight so he is not a big welterweight. He has no reason to go to 154 other than to make things harder for himself. Welterweight is the more prestigious weight class.Why not just stay at welterweight and dominate until he retires? Hurd, Lara and Jermell all weigh about 168 on fight or 12 pounds more than Spence. I am sure Spence can beat any welterweight in the world. I am not sure he can beat these naturally much bigger top 3 boxers at 154.

Comment

think youre getitng a bit carried away lol. probably be mainly bums with potentially 1 good name in there. i had more sympathy for spence in terms of people avoiding him, before he started acting so indifferent about a crawford fight. you cant moan about people avoidingyou cause it doesnt make sense, if youre avoiding someone cause its doesnt make sense

Comment

I think Spence beats everyone at 147/154

Comment

FOH! You're just another Spence fanboy who gives him W's for fights he hasn't even fought yet.

Try again

Comment

If Spence fights Yordenis Ugas next (or ever) I'm officially putting on my black hat and starting a negative press campaign.

Comment

My next three to four fight timeline is this:

1. Ugas in December. Just makes a lot of sense with who is currently available. We know the Thurman/Crawford fights aren't happening anytime soon, so no need to waste time on that. He wants a bigger name in Vargas, but I believe he is in negotiations to rematch Broner later this year.

2. Porter/Garcia winner in March of 2019. Al is going to have to pay the winner of this fight big bucks, but at this point he has to force one of his top guys to face Spence. Not a good look if he can't make it happen. Sure he has the fiduciary duty to do best for all parties, but he needs to make Spence as his money guy. Porter/Garcia are what they are.

3. Vargas/Broner/James/Alexander type around June/July. If he wants to fight three times a year, a fight against someone of this caliber is fine after the showdown with the winner of Garcia/Porter.

4. Crawford or Thurman late fall of 2019. Thurman fight be easier to make but just depends how serious he is of continuing his career. And if he can stay healthy for once. One time is truly a one time per year type of fighter now. But really we ALL want the Crawford showdown. By the fall of 2019, this should be a big enough fight for both parties (TR/Haymon) to want it to happen. It will be a PPV attraction and one that will be well worth it.

Comment

Spence is going all the way up to 160. I could see him picking up a belt at 168 even.

Comment

Anyone fighting Spence would be smart to ask for 16 weeks of VADA testing.

-Just saying

Comment

Spence Jr vs Mikey Garcia is very possible at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in December is very possible "ALLEGEDLY" as a fan of both I don't want to see Mikey ruin himself by moving up and down like that. Instead I would rather Mikey vs Loma, ESPN need to jump in and make the big investment to assure that fight IMO. While yes we the fans want all these big fights, somebody does have to PAY for these big fights regardless if it is ESPN, Showtime, ESPN or HBO.

I think Jessie Vargas probably next if no rematch with Broner then hopefully the winner of Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter is next to start 2019

Comment

Working...
                    X