Why is boxing so watered down now??people wanna call fighters great wit no work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    racist??
    A number of people have said this about you. By now, you should stop wondering why.

Comment

what about crawford, charlo sisters and spence? #wakanda

Comment

For 11 fights Loma has an excellent record and he's been a pro for 4 1/2 years of which he was a prospect for some of that time.

He's beaten Russell and Walters both fighters have had a claim to being #1 in their weight classes and many said they'd win. Martinez I believe was ranked #1 and Rigo was in every p4p list and many picked him to win. Throw Linares in and if he wins that look at that 4 1/2 year 12 fight resume. 3 division champ and the clear #1 at all of those weights. That's solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          We just had a generation of solid fighters retire within a span of a few years so it's going to take some time to build this generation and see who's got the stuff. Right now, this is all we got to work with.

Some people habitually get over-excited about fighters they like. These are the fanboys.
          Redd, I couldn’t have said it any better. Everyone wants to compare this new group to Ward, Mayweather, Mosley, Pacquiao, etc.. it will definitely take time to weed out the yo yos. With that said, as you so well stated, it’s pretty much all we have to work with, at least for the time being

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Walters had to be top something when Loma fought him.
            Walters was coming off the Sosa “Draw” in a new weight class after a layoff he was in limbo.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Name the top 5 wins of these boxers

Joshua-

GGG-

Wilder-

Kovalev-

Lomachenko-

Mikey Garcia

The problem with boxing today is none wants to put in the damn work anymore!!!
              People say the same every generation I suspect. I believe redd had close to the truth in an earlier post. Just enjoy the fights, man.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-07-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                Walters was coming off the Sosa “Draw” in a new weight class after a layoff he was in limbo.
                So he wasn't even in the top ten?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  People say the same every generation I suspect. I believe redd had close to the truth in an earlier post. Just enjoy the fights, man.
                  Exactly. This whole measuring for greatness is just a side bar discussion, and in the case of nsb, non stop argument...the actual sport is happening in the ring, fight after fight.

Comment

Dude left out Spence and Crawford.

#Wakanda

Comment

this is very depressing and true, it aint what it used to be boxing used to be quite good, back in my day

Comment

Working...
                      X