Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of...Adonis Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of...Adonis Stevenson?

I recently did a post on Adonis Stevenson for my blog.

And basically, I'm just wondering what you guys think of him? I don't see many threads or posts about him, so what do you think?

The IBF told Emanuel Steward that the Froch/Bute winner has nine months to fight Stevenson, so with Froch being the winner, we COULD see Froch/Stevenson later on in the year.

What do you think of that fight? And has Adonis Stevenson got the potential to become a World Champion?

I think he has got the potential to become a World Champion, and I would favour Froch to beat Stevenson, but Stevenson would have a punchers chance, regardless of how great Froch's chin is.

Also, Dan Rafael Tweeted that Stevenson could fight Edwin Rodriguez on the Pascal/Cloud under-card, what do you think of that fight IF it happens?

Let me know your thoughts. Cheers.

Adonis seems like a bit of an a--hole in real life. With that said, I have only ever seen the Bonsante fight so I don't have much of an opinion. Based on his record Froch and the big boys at 168 are going to be too much for him at this point.

Comment

Fair enough. But with his power, he has a chance to beat anyone. If someone like Steward trains him and says he can beat Bute or Froch, then he must have some skill. I'm not saying I think he can beat Bute or Froch BTW.

Comment

He is a bit wreckless for my liking. I would like to see him against a fighter like Magee to see exactly where he is at & if he pulled through that which I would have doubts about I'd like to see him fight Bute, that to me would make more sense than to fight Froch.

I really don't think he would do well against Froch at all. In fact I think Froch would take him out early doors.

Comment

i rate him

i rate him quite highly and think he will give froch a great fight, i like his punch variety and attitude inside the ring but being a bit of a d*ck outside of it is relevant with the way popularity plays a big part in promotional marketability, he is sort of like tim bradley in that respect, i was surprised that top rank signed tim bradley as he wasn't that popular despite arum trying to sell his family man image and i think adonis is in a similar position along with the high risk low reward that comes with him, other wise is a good solid all round fighter with potential to cause froch problems with his workrate though froch would more than likely stop him after a decent fight
          Last edited by gaz26; 05-30-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X