• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring highlights from 6/2/17 there are from 4 rounds of sparring

enjoy and comment

10 views, no comments

what a surprise...gotta love this forum lol

Comment

If the music is being played during the session, shut it off!

I have no idea what work is being done other than movement!
      The vast majority of the punches thrown have each man "bailing"
      as they try to deliver. Everything is at "full extension" and no one tries to land in combination. The young man without head gear seems to love being videoed and running all over the ring instead of working on steps and sitting down on punches.

This is a working for amateur boxing, when competitors look to stay away from confronting and prefer to "play tag".
      Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting full power exchanges but running all over a full size ring throwing 1/2 after 1/2 becomes cardio!!!
      Lots of posturing not much boxing.
      Don't mean to be so negative but there is very little positive going on.

Do you ever work on in fighting? How to pivot, step overs and does anyone ever throw a body shot?

Good luck, does your trainer approve of all that running?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        If the music is being played during the session, shut it off!

I have no idea what work is being done other than movement!
        The vast majority of the punches thrown have each man "bailing"
        as they try to deliver. Everything is at "full extension" and no one tries to land in combination. The young man without head gear seems to love being videoed and running all over the ring instead of working on steps and sitting down on punches.

This is a working for amateur boxing, when competitors look to stay away from confronting and prefer to "play tag".
        Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting full power exchanges but running all over a full size ring throwing 1/2 after 1/2 becomes cardio!!!
        Lots of posturing not much boxing.
        Don't mean to be so negative but there is very little positive going on.

Do you ever work on in fighting? How to pivot, step overs and does anyone ever throw a body shot?

Good luck, does your trainer approve of all that running?

Ray
        if you dont mean to be so negative, why is it that you post in that manner on EVERYONES VIDEOS? i.e. "patty cake"...whenever i see you post whether in this forum or NSB, you come off as a pompous know it all and hardly anything positive to add, except how much you know and how very little others do about boxing, techniques, etc......you say you were a coach, it would be nice to actually see some FOOTAGE OF YOU FIGHTING OR COACHING....

no one on here ever said they were elite or top level so you waste your time being over critical like we have title shots coming up lol

trainer was out of town with money POWELL IV for his second pro fight....

was there anything in particular being worked on...no

Rae is an very good fighter won the georgia golden gloves, won the south east regionals and finally lost in the nationals....he is at 141....i walk around that weight so im giving up 50 fights of experience plus size and weight

nothing replaces getting in the ring, some learn by doing

you can do drills all day and still not apply it in the ring.

, I have to work on my stamina so CARDIO doesnt and wouldnt hurt

Comment

I was the Region 1 team coach for many years, a former State J.O. Chairman and my gym remains open since 1969. It is now run by a former member who took over in 1987.
          The gym has produced state, regional & national champions for many many years.
          I worked with Donny Elbaum, Vito Talertta and Jonny Boz along with Senior Branchinni (Italy) for many years. Handled fighters in the States, throughout Europ and the Far East.
          There are artilcles in the "history archives" on this forum about me if you need to see some verification.

Next post some description about what the session is about so people can comment on what is trying to be accomplished.
          As I staed if it was about outside movement I get, as far as a positive comment you both quickly!!!!

You'll find that when you deal with veteran trainers your going to get direct opinions and not much sugar coating.

Theres a few videos that I gave positive comments on but to be honest the majority of the videos posted are void of techniques and are more than often people without any real instructyion from a real trainer.

"nothing replaces getting in the ring, some learn by doing"

Your not "doing" anything but running around. Set up a training exercise to work on instead of "playing boxing"!

You don't have to "elite" to do the right things. There are tons of techniques to work on in a spar session try formulating a plan instead of what you did.

Good luck, I told you before if your going to be a trainer get out of the ring. Respect is earned and if you think that fighters will respect you if they can easily handle you in the ring you have that lesson to learn. Boxing J.O. kids is one thing actually being able to help a real Open class or Pro fighter is another deal.

Don't be so thin skinned I said I didn't mean to bring negative and you still cried about.

best to you....

Comment

I was the Region 1 team coach for many years, a former State J.O. Chairman and my gym remains open since 1969. It is now run by a former member who took over in 1987.
            The gym has produced state, regional & national champions for many many years.
            I worked with Donny Elbaum, Vito Talertta and Jonny Boz along with Senior Branchinni (Italy) for many years. Handled fighters in the States, throughout Europ and the Far East.
            There are artilcles in the "history archives" on this forum about me if you need to see some verification.

Next post some description about what the session is about so people can comment on what is trying to be accomplished.
            As I staed if it was about outside movement I get, as far as a positive comment you both quickly!!!!

You'll find that when you deal with veteran trainers your going to get direct opinions and not much sugar coating.

Theres a few videos that I gave positive comments on but to be honest the majority of the videos posted are void of techniques and are more than often people without any real instructyion from a real trainer.

"nothing replaces getting in the ring, some learn by doing"

Your not "doing" anything but running around. Set up a training exercise to work on instead of "playing boxing"!

You don't have to "elite" to do the right things. There are tons of techniques to work on in a spar session try formulating a plan instead of what you did.

Good luck, I told you before if your going to be a trainer get out of the ring. Respect is earned and if you think that fighters will respect you if they can easily handle you in the ring you have that lesson to learn. Boxing J.O. kids is one thing actually being able to help a real Open class or Pro fighter is another deal.

Don't be so thin skinned I said I didn't mean to bring negative and you still cried about.

best to you....
            nobody is thin skinned....dude i dont know you...as far as what you told me before.....I will get in the ring, when I choose too....Im not some old fart with a towel on their shoulder who cant do one pull up...im in my early 30s.

to be honest like i said you come off as prick and reading credentials doesnt impress me bro...you said " i didnt mean to come off as negative" right.....so i pointed out that you are "negative" in majority of your posts...we hardly talk but i see you around the board with other posters
            Last edited by therealpugilist; 06-05-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I didn't refer to you by degrading you, when I read name calling on this board I know what the person is all about.
              What I forgot about this game you'll never know. You already think you know far more than you actually do.
              I just watched you perform, as I said good luck and good bye!

Ray

Comment

I didn't refer to you by degrading you, when I read name calling on this board I know what the person is all about.
                What I forgot about this game you'll never know. You already think you know far more than you actually do.
                I just watched you perform, as I said good luck and good bye!

Ray
                Some of the greatest trainers never boxed at all
                I'm a student of the game n learn everyday

I could only hope to attain your insurmountable level of boxing knowledge oh great one lol...you may be speaking about yourself, just saying .... Good day
                Last edited by therealpugilist; 06-05-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  enjoy and comment

which guy is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    which guy is you?
                    Small guy with head gear

Comment

Working...
                    X