No announcement yet.

Is this the diehard Hearn fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    I laughed. Starts with "Anyone that's genuinely a neutral" and ends up with an "obvious" fanboy opinion.

Let's get this one thing straight. There is absolutely nothing obvious about this situation or these negotiations. You know why? Because nobody on NSB knows a damn thing for sure. Not the details of Wilder's $50M offer and not what Hearn put in the contract, or why Wilder's team didn't sign it.

You guys can keep yapping all you want, for whatever side gives you a hard on.

The FACT is that nobody here knows a damn thing, and every single one of you is spinning bull**** one way or another.
    Where was the fanboy opinion?
    Fanboy of who?

We do know details, there's been releases to the press & statements from both promoters

I dont know Finkel, couldnt tell you what he looked like if i walked past him

Finkel should sue Hearn for defamation and libel. They will have written proof of everything they say. Hearn can try to spin the media with statements but these statements should be used to hold the smug cünt accountable for his actions
    Last edited by ukbox; 06-27-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      those details were not made completely transparent to teh public. did the contract have a date, venue, for instance? i am hearing that it did not.

when we did have details about the deal offered by eddie hearn it was a flat fee and a lowball. it is what it is, if you think eddie hearn is trying his hardest to make this fight, or that he'd rather have it in 2018 than 2019 you're crazy. guy has a cash cow when he fights no hopers. why fight a puncher in his prime righ t now? the fight will be just as big, if not bigger, next year.
      I'm not saying that Hearn was definitely trying his hardest to make the fight next. It's a known fact that, ideally, he would have prefered it in 2019. What I am saying is that Wilder/Finkel definitely didn't want it next, or they would have signed the contract before the WBA took matters out of their hands.

It's not unknown for fights to be signed with the date and venue TBA, and I can see very good reasons why that might have been necessary for this fight.

Booking a football stadium during the football season is not straightforward, and the WBA were breathing down Hearn's neck re their mando, so I can see why - possibly - he might have needed Wilder's signiture immediately, before the date and venue were settled.
      Last edited by kafkod; 06-27-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Wilder and Joshua will fight next spring at Wembley when there's more time to promote this fight into a huge event, don't know why everyone is freaking out. Wilder will fight Breazeale, which would be his second best win and Joshua will fight the 3rd best HW in the world in the meantime. Just have some patience, this fight is coming soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Its always been on the cards. A fight with BBM was touted, first, in NYC. Then, when Povetkin became mandated, it boxed AJ in.

For them, its easier to fight Povetkin, earn 20M, and come back to the negotiating table.

They want Deontay to sweat and cede ground in negotiations. He will have no choice but to do so if AJ blitzes Povetkin.
          this is respectable if they had just said it. I had no problem with it but to try to manipulate the minds of people that wilder is ducking when hes tried to do nothing but make the fight is something I hate. ive always thought it wasn't next but had hopes. the way these so called fans defend eddie is sickening, its crystal clear whats going on

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
            Anyone that's genuinely a neutral can see what's going on with Wilder AJ.
            If you call it as the facts show its obvious that Hearn has wanted to avoid Wilder for as long as possible. They're on record stating this. The actual date theyre offering is almost a year away. There's no urgency from them. Whether its the risk wilder presents to them or they feel AJ needs more fight camps under his belt. Its obvious what's gone on

If you call it for what it is then you're a wilder fanboy. That's some pish jedi trick trying to manipulate the situation & attract more trolls

We know Hearn is a snake, we know he does what he pleases & takes boxing fans for mugs.
            This is thanks to the football crowd of boxing casuals that he attracts. They're drunken ejits who welcome mismatches.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-trump-russian

I've no doubt Hearn & his daddy would employ these tactics
            Very true, it's easy to understand if you have a brain. What I get from this is that Wilder was the only guy who really wanted the fight now. His team is ok with this happening later but put work to make it now as Wilder wanted it. Joshua would fight Wilder but was convinced to not do it now. The Hearns didn't want this now at list and put all the work in don't letting it happen
            P.s.: It's strange that three of the ******s who you talked about stormed in one after another

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              For what it is? I've seen Wilder fans claim that Hearn paid the WBA and such other total crap.

There are two questions to be asked?

- Why did the contract go out 3 days late?
              - Why was the contract not signed?

All these conspiracy theories are just a waste of everyone's time.
              it was very weird how the wba stepped in at that very moment, being that they haven't threatened thruman. never have I seen anything like what the wba did for the champ vs a contender. but it is what it is,

it was supposedly not signed because there was no venue and the contract was for a fight in 2019 for a flat rate of 15mil. its sad that wilder had to accept a flat fee but he did. the issue with signing that is what if aj loses to pedvtkin? then wilder would still be locked into that flat rate after an aj loss. but imo its too many grey areas in this whole situation. I hope that if they both win their next fights that the negotiations wont be as tacky. hearn should offer him a fair percentage to fight in the uk. flat rates for a fight of this magnitude is not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                I am saying is that Wilder/Finkel definitely didn't want it next, or they would have signed the contract before the WBA took matters out of their hands.
                If Wilder didn't want the fight next, why did he agree to a low ball flat fee to go to the UK? That's about as desperate as it gets.

And even still, the contract didn't list a date, so they sought clarification that if they signed, the fight would be next and not at a later date after Povetkin.

Meanwhile, Hearn continued to be evasive to stall. Hard to blame this one on Wilder and Finkel. The WBA stuff is a smokescreen. Unification trumps mandatory. You just pay a small fee for an exception. There's no doubt Wilder's side wanted the fight next. They made every concession possible. It still wasn't enough.

Comment

I am honestly a neutral. I get attacked by fanboys from both sides. The AJ/Hearn fanboys are a lot more intense than the Wilder ones.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    it was very weird how the wba stepped in at that very moment, being that they haven't threatened thruman. never have I seen anything like what the wba did for the champ vs a contender. but it is what it is,

it was supposedly not signed because there was no venue and the contract was for a fight in 2019 for a flat rate of 15mil. its sad that wilder had to accept a flat fee but he did. the issue with signing that is what if aj loses to pedvtkin? then wilder would still be locked into that flat rate after an aj loss. but imo its too many grey areas in this whole situation. I hope that if they both win their next fights that the negotiations wont be as tacky. hearn should offer him a fair percentage to fight in the uk. flat rates for a fight of this magnitude is not a good look.
                    But the WBA called for the Povetkin mandatory months ago. Hearn has said it was breathing down their necks for months and now everyone wren surprised because it became true?

I’m not surprised tbh.

I’m not privy to the negotiations and tbh I don’t care. I just want to see AJ fight Wilder. I want an undisputed champ.

Whoever gets what and when and how is honestly none of our business

Comment

It wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn and probably AJ too wanted this fight on DAZN and launch that platform with the biggest fight in boxing.

Easy way of getting a million subscribers

Comment

Working...
                      X