Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter Destroys TORMENTED Carl Froch [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think you know you got the nuthuggers when they block you, or should I say, ACT like they've blocked you...

Signifying they can't handle you and The Truth...

November 21st, 2009
    The date Ward SCHOOLED Kessler...

Comment

Hunter absolutely destroys Froch. Lets keep it perspective, Froch lost to Peter Manfredo Jr. in the AM's.

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
        Kessler got done dirty, i felt bad for him because he didn't know what he was stepping into. It was rigged from the start, Ward went in there knowing he could be as dirty as possible and it was anything goes for him.

Difficult for Kessler to establish any clean boxing when he had a head smashing into his face every 5 seconds.

Annoys me how ward had everything his own way in every single fight in his career, what a great "champ" he was. lol.
        Honestly the form book says otherwise. As a Kessler fan going into the fight, even in the first 3 rounds the writing was on the wall, the hand speed and foot speed was too much, and there were hardly any clinches and no headbutts to speak of. Rounds 1 and 2 were pretty close but Ward edged them out. Round 3 was a landslide.

After that the fight does get messy in parts, and sometimes Ward uses clinching to break up Kessler's offensive rhythm and momentum, I think he probably warranted a point deduction. But I don't think Kessler wins the fights regardless, and with the Butts they were not intentional, and I think a consequence of both fighters stance and posture.

Kessler and Froch both have the same weaknesses and that is that they are really only effective at one range, and both lack the accuracy to hit Ward consistently and offset his speed advantages. This is why Ward was rushing and smothering Kessler when he would throw rather than move away, Kessler isn't a short puncher. Neither of these guys have an inside game, or much technique on the inside.

I think you guys overlook all these technical points, and rather focus on the relatively small portions of the fight where Ward committed fouls or used dirty tactics. There was ample time for Kessler to adjust, or impose his style on Ward, but he couldn't.

With Froch that was a pretty clean win for Ward, and a good fight where Froch was pretty competitive throughout but couldn't really put rounds together, just sporadic success within rounds.

This is why I say the form book says otherwise, these guys were both very good fighters, in fact I would go as far as saying that Froch was a great fighter, but Ward was a level above and his results prove that. Only complete fighters could beat Froch and Kessler, you also saw this when Kessler fought Calzaghe also.

I think Calzaghe could have pushed Ward and that would have been a tough fight for him because, as I said above Calzaghe can fight at all distances, he is complete.

Comment

Froch can be salty at times.

But Hunter is just on another level when is comes to delusions of grandeur.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Honestly the form book says otherwise. As a Kessler fan going into the fight, even in the first 3 rounds the writing was on the wall, the hand speed and foot speed was too much, and there were hardly any clinches and no headbutts to speak of. Rounds 1 and 2 were pretty close but Ward edged them out. Round 3 was a landslide.

After that the fight does get messy in parts, and sometimes Ward uses clinching to break up Kessler's offensive rhythm and momentum, I think he probably warranted a point deduction. But I don't think Kessler wins the fights regardless, and with the Butts they were not intentional, and I think a consequence of both fighters stance and posture.

Kessler and Froch both have the same weaknesses and that is that they are really only effective at one range, and both lack the accuracy to hit Ward consistently and offset his speed advantages. This is why Ward was rushing and smothering Kessler when he would throw rather than move away, Kessler isn't a short puncher. Neither of these guys have an inside game, or much technique on the inside.

I think you guys overlook all these technical points, and rather focus on the relatively small portions of the fight where Ward committed fouls or used dirty tactics. There was ample time for Kessler to adjust, or impose his style on Ward, but he couldn't.

With Froch that was a pretty clean win for Ward, and a good fight where Froch was pretty competitive throughout but couldn't really put rounds together, just sporadic success within rounds.

This is why I say the form book says otherwise, these guys were both very good fighters, in fact I would go as far as saying that Froch was a great fighter, but Ward was a level above and his results prove that. Only complete fighters could beat Froch and Kessler, you also saw this when Kessler fought Calzaghe also.

I think Calzaghe could have pushed Ward and that would have been a tough fight for him because, as I said above Calzaghe can fight at all distances, he is complete.
            Ward made flying headbutts all through the fight. The first significant one was after Kessler hurt him in round 2.

'Not intentional'. LMAO.

My guess would be that you think Ward only landed legal bodyshots on Kovalev also.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Ward made flying headbutts all through the fight. The first significant one was after Kessler hurt him in round 2.

'Not intentional'. LMAO.

My guess would be that you think Ward only landed legal bodyshots on Kovalev also.
              I have been here long enough to know that you feel especially passionate about this subject. I know that because I have been on the same side as you defending Kessler's legacy and ability with other posters who severely underrate him.

The butts were a combination of Ward coming onto Kessler from down low and Kessler having a very upright boxing stance. Ward doesn't have a history of head butts in his fights, it would be different if there was a correlation. He is a guy who doesn't like to be hit, and is a determined winner, a guy who hasn't lost since he was 12, he prides himself on that.

Almost every guy I've ever seen that uses his head, and its obvious they use it as a weapon, is a guy who is often out skilled and doesn't have the talent to compete with the best fighters, who needs to use those things to even the playing field, a recent example would be someone like Sakio Bika. But sometimes you get guys like Ward, Tim Bradley, or Hatton where their overzealousness or style can sometimes cause unintentional headbutts. These guys don't want those things, because they are winners and butts can put the result of the fight at risk.

That is a long way of saying that I disagree with you! I think you almost undermine Kessler's abilities and limitations as a fighter by not admitting to his shortcomings.

Ward-Kovalev was an unsatisfying ending. My take on it is that the last few shots on the ropes were low, but the way Kovalev was bending over created a weird situation you don't see in a professional boxing ring, fight or spar, but the type of things you see with a novice.

I feel the most satisfactory conclusion would have been to give Kovalev a standing 8 count, arguing that the way he was leaning on the ropes was what was keeping him up.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I have been here long enough to know that you feel especially passionate about this subject. I know that because I have been on the same side as you defending Kessler's legacy and ability with other posters who severely underrate him.

The butts were a combination of Ward coming onto Kessler from down low and Kessler having a very upright boxing stance. Ward doesn't have a history of head butts in his fights, it would be different if there was a correlation. He is a guy who doesn't like to be hit, and is a determined winner, a guy who hasn't lost since he was 12, he prides himself on that.

Almost every guy I've ever seen that uses his head, and its obvious they use it as a weapon, is a guy who is often out skilled and doesn't have the talent to compete with the best fighters, who needs to use those things to even the playing field, a recent example would be someone like Sakio Bika. But sometimes you get guys like Ward, Tim Bradley, or Hatton where their overzealousness or style can sometimes cause unintentional headbutts. These guys don't want those things, because they are winners and butts can put the result of the fight at risk.

That is a long way of saying that I disagree with you! I think you almost undermine Kessler's abilities and limitations as a fighter by not admitting to his shortcomings.

Ward-Kovalev was an unsatisfying ending. My take on it is that the last few shots on the ropes were low, but the way Kovalev was bending over created a weird situation you don't see in a professional boxing ring, fight or spar, but the type of things you see with a novice.

I feel the most satisfactory conclusion would have been to give Kovalev a standing 8 count, arguing that the way he was leaning on the ropes was what was keeping him up.
                Headbutts are part of the way Ward fights. You saw it against Bika, Kessler, Rodriguez, Kovalev and so on and on. Ward leads with his head. It's illegal. He would be penalized if he had travelled hence why he didn't.

Oh and the satisfactory conclusion in Kovalev 2, would have been a point deduction to Ward and Kovalev getting 5 minutes to recover from the foul.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Headbutts are part of the way Ward fights. You saw it against Bika, Kessler, Rodriguez, Kovalev and so on and on. Ward leads with his head. It's illegal. He would be penalized if he had travelled hence why he didn't.

Oh and the satisfactory conclusion in Kovalev 2, would have been a point deduction to Ward and Kovalev getting 5 minutes to recover from the foul.
                  This is the truth that Ward fans know all about but refuse to admit or aknowledge.

There is a reason why Ward would never fight outside the States and why he turned down career high offers to rematch Froch and Kessler in their own countries.

Ward needed to be able to use illegal tactics when necessary. Outside the States, he wouldn't have been allowed to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    This is the truth that Ward fans know all about but refuse to admit or aknowledge.

There is a reason why Ward would never fight outside the States and why he turned down career high offers to rematch Froch and Kessler in their own countries.

Ward needed to be able to use illegal tactics when necessary. Outside the States, he wouldn't have been allowed to do that.
                    He also got an offer for a two fight deal with Lucian bute. First fight in jOakland. Second in Montreal.

Do I have to say Ward turned the offer down? Well he did of course. Did he make a counter offer then? Lmao. Of course not! Crossing a border is not an option.

He said that Bute wasn’t qualified and then Ward makes a fight with Dmitri Sartison!!

And his fans defended him then and they still do. That’s one reason why we know Ward fans have below average IQ.

Comment

Froch doesn't give two sh|ts. He'll be remembered for his great fights against Groves, not for the clinchfest that was Ward fight, if you can even call it a fight. **** Ward and his boring a$$ fans. Froch is a true warrior and he was spot on when he said Ward was box office poison, boring as **** fighter as there's ever been.

Comment

Working...
                      X