No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Confirms He is in The Mix To Face Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
    And where on earth is Luis Ortiz when a big fight with AJ pops up??? Remember he ducked AJ to go the chicken leg Wilder route and has been calling AJ out for like forever, where is that grandpa hiding??? Massive payday and a chance at 3 belts yet Ortiz camp is silent...what gives??? Can’t believe the said boogeyman is shook and hiding...lolsss.
    There is an information from FBI HQ that Ortiz was found somewhere around the Mexican border. The narratives appears that he is still on the run until AJ announces his next opponent.

Comment

Ruiz is actually asking for this fight. I have not heard squat from Ortiz, Hunter, or anyone else mentioned. I do not like Ruiz as a fighter. Think he is fairly dull. But give him the slot. He will actually appreciate it and be excited to get a real payday. As a replacement, he has a good enough resume that it could be sold as legit. No reason not to. Joshua has to KO someone.

No words how bummed I am Ortiz is not stepping up. Unless there is something brewing behind the scenes, Ortiz passing on this chance when he is winding down his career makes zero sense unless a Wilder rematch is next for him. Even then, he probably will get paid a ton more for this.
      Last edited by landotter; 04-23-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I'd be fine with Ruiz or Ortiz, either one.

It's funny though.... 'fans' keep blasting Ortiz like he's running from this one. For one thing, we don't know how/if negotiations are going with his people and Joshua's people. Or for that matter, he may not even be at fighting shape right now. He had a fight 6 weeks ago. Did he stay in training since then? We don't know. 'Fans' it seems keep making more and more assumptions as the years pass on. I remember Dad talking about Joe Louis' 'Bum of the Month Club' back in the day. So I understand the concept, and it does happen in the sport, no denying it. But at the end of the day, I'll just sit back and wait on Luis. And if he takes this fight on short notice, he gets a salute from me. If not, so what? It's his decision. He may feel he needs a full training camp, as most fighters do. Personally, I don't think he's running from anyone. But he does need to be paid well at this stage. So we will see how this unfolds. No matter really.... Ruiz will put up a good battle as would Ortiz, Whyte, Fury, Pulev etc.

Comment

Meanwhile Ortiz is hiding under Haymons bed trying to cycle out all the jungle juice and chicken pellets

Comment

A. Joshua, go back home with your cherry-picking, cheese-grinnin’ stiff-necked, Wilder-runnin’, poot-butt, over-ratted, under-achieved, stuff-nosed attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              There is an information from FBI HQ that Ortiz was found somewhere around the Mexican border. The narratives appears that he is still on the run until AJ announces his next opponent.
              Lolssss...that chickensheet!

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                I'd be fine with Ruiz or Ortiz, either one.

It's funny though.... 'fans' keep blasting Ortiz like he's running from this one. For one thing, we don't know how/if negotiations are going with his people and Joshua's people. Or for that matter, he may not even be at fighting shape right now. He had a fight 6 weeks ago. Did he stay in training since then? We don't know. 'Fans' it seems keep making more and more assumptions as the years pass on. I remember Dad talking about Joe Louis' 'Bum of the Month Club' back in the day. So I understand the concept, and it does happen in the sport, no denying it. But at the end of the day, I'll just sit back and wait on Luis. And if he takes this fight on short notice, he gets a salute from me. If not, so what? It's his decision. He may feel he needs a full training camp, as most fighters do. Personally, I don't think he's running from anyone. But he does need to be paid well at this stage. So we will see how this unfolds. No matter really.... Ruiz will put up a good battle as would Ortiz, Whyte, Fury, Pulev etc.
                Luis ortiz is probably a handfull of fights away from retirement. The guy made 500k for wilder... there is 6.5million mofo dollars on the table for him here... 6 weeks camp isnt the best case scenario, but boxing is almost always based on risk vs reward, the risk is massive but the reward here is life changing. Whats his other options? Wilder has no reason to fight him again, even if he does, for what? Another 500k? Everything points to it to be being a duck. Joshua and Hearn both said first opponent came to mind was Ortiz, it brings views, sells better then miller as its more intriguing, but we aint heard nothing from team ortiz except that hearn said there man wont be ready. I seriously hope its secretly getting made and hearn is just throwing other names out there to throw people off but for me it doesnt look like ortiz wants it

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Imagine AJ getting knocked out by a mother****er that looks like a plumber
                  I can’t imagine it myself. Imagine Wilder nearly getting knocked out by Ortiz who was in the 1980 olympics and born 5 years after World war 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                    Good fight would like to see this. But i suspect AJ will take the easiest fight possible as normal.
                    Easier than Ruiz?

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
                      Luis ortiz is probably a handfull of fights away from retirement. The guy made 500k for wilder... there is 6.5million mofo dollars on the table for him here... 6 weeks camp isnt the best case scenario, but boxing is almost always based on risk vs reward, the risk is massive but the reward here is life changing. Whats his other options? Wilder has no reason to fight him again, even if he does, for what? Another 500k? Everything points to it to be being a duck. Joshua and Hearn both said first opponent came to mind was Ortiz, it brings views, sells better then miller as its more intriguing, but we aint heard nothing from team ortiz except that hearn said there man wont be ready. I seriously hope its secretly getting made and hearn is just throwing other names out there to throw people off but for me it doesnt look like ortiz wants it
                      I totally agree. And I'm an Ortiz fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X