No announcement yet.

Ricardo Lopez and Salvador Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo Lopez and Salvador Sanchez

Two of my favorite fighters and IMO the greatest Mexican boxers ever.

What are your thoughts on these two legends? How do you rate their skills and technique, and who do you think was the better fighter overall?

JCC is the greatest mexican boxer of all time by just about any objective measure. I wish Lopez would have moved up a few weight classes he had the style to beat just about any bantamweight or flyweight of the 90s. Minimumweight is like cruiserweight hardly any good competition through out the history of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      JCC is the greatest mexican boxer of all time by just about any objective measure. I wish Lopez would have moved up a few weight classes he had the style to beat just about any bantamweight or flyweight of the 90s. Minimumweight is like cruiserweight hardly any good competition through out the history of boxing
      Chavez is the most famous Mexican boxer by about any objective measure, but it's stretching things to call him the greatest, hands down. Lopez, IMO, & Sanchez quite possibly as well, were better fighters who didn't have better careers. Lopez is the most gifted Mexican fighter ever, & Sanchez is the most accomplished for such a short span of fights. They are both definitively top-10 of all-time. I was in particular a huge fan of Lopez.

The best Mexican taking all into account, for me, is Olivares.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
        Chavez is the most famous Mexican boxer by about any objective measure, but it's stretching things to call him the greatest, hands down. Lopez, IMO, & Sanchez quite possibly as well, were better fighters who didn't have better careers. Lopez is the most gifted Mexican fighter ever, & Sanchez is the most accomplished for such a short span of fights. They are both definitively top-10 of all-time. I was in particular a huge fan of Lopez.

The best Mexican taking all into account, for me, is Olivares.
        I agree with that.

Lopez and Sanchez are two of my favourite fighters, though.

I prefer all 3 to Chavez personally.

Comment

Chavez is the most accomplished and has by far the best resume of any Mexican ever

Comment

That is just not the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
              That is just not the reality.
              Here we go. No other Mexican has as many signature wins as Chavez and its not close Salvador Sanchez would probable be 1a 1b but he obviously died at a young age. In Mexican boxing circles which I am very much apart of in SoCal, and in any ranking done by ESPN Ring etc, Chavez is always #1.

I am done on the subject though because this board has some crazy bias against Chavez which I don't understand.

Comment

Lopez is, IMO, a top 10 P4P of all time. True, he doesn't have the major names on his resume as other greats, but he is by far one of the most skilled fighters who has ever lived... and if you follow strawweight boxing (as I have for years), you'll know that that division was far more competitive than it's given credit for during Lopez's reign.

I rank Sanchez at #59 on my all-time P4P list. Extremely gifted fighter who was very exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  Lopez is, IMO, a top 10 P4P of all time. True, he doesn't have the major names on his resume as other greats, but he is by far one of the most skilled fighters who has ever lived... and if you follow strawweight boxing (as I have for years), you'll know that that division was far more competitive than it's given credit for during Lopez's reign.

I rank Sanchez at #59 on my all-time P4P list. Extremely gifted fighter who was very exciting to watch.
                  I just wish Lopez had moved up I don't think Arbachakov Saskul or Tapia could have beaten him

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Here we go. No other Mexican has as many signature wins as Chavez and its not close Salvador Sanchez would probable be 1a 1b but he obviously died at a young age. In Mexican boxing circles which I am very much apart of in SoCal, and in any ranking done by ESPN Ring etc, Chavez is always #1.

I am done on the subject though because this board has some crazy bias against Chavez which I don't understand.
                    What a pity you know nothing about Olivares & his career. It's somewhat important to my contention.

Comment

Working...
                    X