No announcement yet.

Stevenson be clamin' HBO refused 50/50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    They didn't refuse 50/50, they refused the laughable joint ppv idea. Stevenson wants to be paid by Spike?
    If HBO wants no part of doing a joint PPV, yet actually want the fight to go through, they would've continued to negotiate a deal, rather than just say "HBO gets everything or the fight doesn't happen".

Offer Showtime a split right on the re-air of the fight, which Showtime can do with as they wish.

Business can be done, as long as everyone actually wants to do business.

Comment

stevenson is the spike tv ppv king.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        If HBO wants no part of doing a joint PPV, yet actually want the fight to go through, they would've continued to negotiate a deal, rather than just say "HBO gets everything or the fight doesn't happen".

Offer Showtime a split right on the re-air of the fight, which Showtime can do with as they wish.

Business can be done, as long as everyone actually wants to do business.
        Please spare me. The fcuker hasn't been on Showtime in over a year. This is just putting up obstacles to ensure it doesn't happen

Comment

Duckenson is still quacking.

Comment

Please spare me. The fcuker hasn't been on Showtime in over a year. This is just putting up obstacles to ensure it doesn't happen
            I think it has more to do with Haymon's loyalty than Stevenson's.

Comment

stevenson deserves 20% MAX anymore than that is silly, kovalev just beat a better fighter than stevenson twice with ease and a better fighter than both of them before that, stevenson is some random dude nobody cares about
              Last edited by ////; 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I think it has more to do with Haymon's loyalty than Stevenson's.
                Huh so I guess Haymon doesn't wanna make inroads with HBO, OK, and puts his clients interests behind his loyalties. Loyal guy that he is. But PBC is on all the networks so this loyalty must go off and on

Comment

What if Stevenson was signed to showtime and waited out Kovalev HBO contact and tried to negotiate a fight on showtime but Kovalev won't agree unless you cut in HBO on the basis of being loyal? Wouldn't people just laugh and say they should've kept him exclusive?

Comment

Huh so I guess Haymon doesn't wanna make inroads with HBO, OK, and puts his clients interests behind his loyalties. Loyal guy that he is. But PBC is on all the networks so this loyalty must go off and on
                    Don't think Haymon think it's in Stevenson's interest to put him in with Kovalev. Hence the roadblock. But if HBO agrees, I don't think there's anything else Haymon can do to stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Don't think Haymon think it's in Stevenson's interest to put him in with Kovalev. Hence the roadblock. But if HBO agrees, I don't think there's anything else Haymon can do to stop the fight.
                      At least you're calling it for what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X