Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Jazz connoisseurs in here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides the classics like Davis, Coltrane, Billie Holliday I like Wes Montgomery. Only used his thumb to play guitar, tried a pick for a week but didn't like the tone.

I like Stanley Clarke, amazing bassist. Good composer too. He did soundtracks for movies like Boyz n the Hood and others.

And Joe Pass is my favorite jazz guitarist ever. Also never used a pick like Montgomery, but had more have a classical finger pick style.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Trying to get my Jazz playlist created. I like artists like Bob James, Lee Ritenour, Dave Sanborn. I like jazz vocalist like Phyliss Hyman and Rachelle Farrell. I need suggestions to get a good playlist created. Can you suggest some artist similar to the ones I named or some songs by the ones I named.
      I'm into horn sections and classic jazz. I buy only vinyl.. I'm sick with real music.. I'm wicked by so many fake azz musicians.

In Louisiana I had this bad fine woman... We kicked it in Houma LA, and NO... I never wanted to leave.

I'm gonna get mean with a lot of people

Brothers created jazz, for the most part, but a lot of white, Japanese, etc resonate the same frequency..

I see Japanese dude's that look western, black, white. I respect talent. It's my personal opinion that you gotta know pain to sing about pain... You gotta know what profound loss is to know what loss is..

But, I'm a wacked out audiophile. Top quality audio mc275 mono amps. Etc. my woman knows to leave me alone when I'm buying another micro seki turn table and need. She spends faster than me.. I don't care.

Lemme show you I'm old but not too old... Never mind I'm too old.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1DHP6FVnyr0

I was under a few investigations at the time.. I'll leave it at that.

Can't take the ghetto or the killa instinct out this old man.

Peace homie.
      Nothing new under the sun.
      Last edited by Zaroku; 03-27-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Playlist is coming along well. Thanks for the suggestions

Any suggestions jazluvr?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
          B1tch ass nukkas listen to jazzy, you tin can playin mudafocka
          Nukka he asked for a jazz connoisseur not a jizz connoisseur..

ol broke back bish..

Ba dum tssssh...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            Nukka he asked for a jazz connoisseur not a jizz connoisseur..

ol broke back bish..

Ba dum tssssh...
            Take a saxamaphone and stick it up ur old 85 ass potnuh

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Trying to get my Jazz playlist created. I like artists like Bob James, Lee Ritenour, Dave Sanborn. I like jazz vocalist like Phyliss Hyman and Rachelle Farrell. I need suggestions to get a good playlist created. Can you suggest some artist similar to the ones I named or some songs by the ones I named.
              What are you going to do with your playlist, MC? So far you have listed all "smooth jazz" artists...well, maybe Rachelle is an exception. If you tell me why you are looking for jazz maybe I can help you tailor your playlist with you.

Feel free to move this to pm, or leave it here for others to see...it's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                Miles Davis, Coltrane, Thelonious Mink, Ahmad Jamal, Eric Dolphy, Sun Ra, Rahsaan Roland Kirk
                Stefan, what's up?

Comment

This is jazz for the hood!

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    What are you going to do with your playlist, MC? So far you have listed all "smooth jazz" artists...well, maybe Rachelle is an exception. If you tell me why you are looking for jazz maybe I can help you tailor your playlist with you.

Feel free to move this to pm, or leave it here for others to see...it's up to you.
                    Hi jazzy. Please leave it here. I would like to see if my dads favs make the cut. He is a great jazz man and watched the goat Louis Armstrong live.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Hi jazzy. Please leave it here. I would like to see if my dads favs make the cut. He is a great jazz man and watched the goat Louis Armstrong live.
                      Sure thing BN. I don't know if Louis will make MC's list. He was really diverse, and it's hard to put him in a category. He changed his style often, experimenting with different flavors of jazz-blues.

I guess you could call him jazz's 'father of invention'...lol.
                      Last edited by jazluvr; 03-31-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X