Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Explains Flexibility Canelo Has as Franchise Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Basically he can avoid the best opponents and jump up and down the weight classes identifying who is the weakest belt holder and allowing fighters to get older and older before he targets them again
    This is literally exactly what it is and what is the motivation behnd it all.

Comment

This is old news and just more BS as usual from Suliaman. Every sentence that comes out of this greaseball's mouth from now on should start with "Let me explain..."

Comment

Actually Canelo is not a champion at 160.
        Champions have mandatories and they have the belt that they can lose. Clenelo has any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
          All you people on here b.itchin sound like a bunch of sensitive females...
          It's not "b.itchin" when people are standing up for the integrity of the sport against a corrupt, power hungry idiot like Suliaman.
          What is he your daddy or something?

Here's your baby, straight from Daddy Mauricio.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Thankfully Fury beat Wilder. Otherwise I bet the WBC would have elevated Deontay to "franchise champion" too.
            No doubt. All the same, he didn't honor his mandatory challenger when he had the belt for years as WBC title holder so I don't know if it would make any difference. I supposed being elevated to "Franchise" champion would give him an excuse but a pathetic one at that.

Comment

"That is one of the purposes of the Franchise Champion. To allow him to go into the best challenges possible." - WBC PRES.

Not true. Jermall & Andrade are his best challenges right now so why is that franchise tag holding those fights back?

Comment

Originally posted by Elastic Recoil View Post
                This is literally exactly what it is and what is the motivation behnd it all.
                For the record (just cuz of you gifs) Nelo whoop pvssy-g

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                  It's not "b.itchin" when people are standing up for the integrity of the sport against a corrupt, power hungry idiot like Suliaman.
                  What is he your daddy or something?

Here's your baby, straight from Daddy Mauricio.
                  Integrity and boxing don’t mix and if you think there is any integrity in boxing at all, even the slightest of margins... then you’re an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Pplapu View Post
                    Actually Canelo is not a champion at 160.
                    Champions have mandatories and they have the belt that they can lose. Clenelo has any of that.
                    He’s the WBA champion at 160

Though I agree that this franchise designation is not a world championship

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I think I know what the true explanation is. The WBC MW mando was due and they knew that Canelo would vacate their belt again if they ordered him to fight Charlo with a mandated purse split. They created the Franchise title for him to solve that problem.

They then needed to camouflage their corruption and favouritism by elevating somebody else to Franchise status - somebody who wasn't a Mexican cash cow - and Loma was the guy they picked.
                      This seems all too plausible.

Comment

Working...
                      X