This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I don't really understand why Atletico won that game 2-1.

Surely you are duty bound when you need 3 to win to actually go for the game and leave yourself a bit open at the back and likely get picked off.

You might as well get drilled 2-6, ffs.

A team like Arsenal would have had the good grace to get pummelled there.

As much as that Atletico team deserved a Champions' league title football wont cry for them because they are, and have always been a tremendously dull team.
    yeah mate they where ****in flying the stadium was bouncing, and they said to themselves lets have patience and lost belieif' wierd game tbh. bottle merchants

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Phil Neville was *****ing about the premier league the other night mentioning how the quality has gone down. Tbh, he's right.

The way Juventus and even Monaco moved the ball against an organised defence was so much quicker than our our teams. Man United move the ball sooo slowly I know I fancy them for the league next year but that is because they don't lose much. City blow hot n cold, Arsenal are powderpuff, Spurs do play with physicality but ultimately they're Spurs and will always lose any game that anybody really cares about. Liverpool can only maintain their own style of play for 3 months of a season and Chelsea by and large are a counter attacking team.

Really as an actual style of play. The reason why our teams struggle is they don't really have one. Chelsea and actually Liverpool have the clearest iden******. You need some sort of attacking plan that causes the best sides problem.

City will get there eventually I'd guess but they have an oddly balanced team themselves right now
      I actually think spurs is the only club with a true identity in the Prem. They all press and know their positions and have chemistry. Idk why they can't get over the hill however.

Liverpool and Chelsea are the next closest but Liverpool players don't always gegenpress. While Chelsea are sort of counter attack by default, but if the 424 is really how Conte wants to play, then we will certainly undergo another transformation because they need to press from the front constantly.

City are stuck with half a squad that can't play one touch and keep constant triangle positioning.

Whereas United simply try to not lose any games rather than win.

It's odd though that seemingly no premier league club are built for Europe. I've been reading that SAF book and still really insightful as to how United were built and withstood England and Europe for 20+ seasons. And not a single Prem club are built to fight multiple fronts.

Comment

• As much as I would rather see Juventus take the cup with the big ears.

They'll let me down. I just know it.

Comment

• We hadn't won at St Mary's since 2003. A huge 3 points that was.

If we beat Stoke on the weekend I will fancy our chances of getting top 4.

I can see West Ham getting at least a draw against Liverpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            As much as I would rather see Juventus take the cup with the big ears.

They'll let me down. I just know it.
            Haven't you seen the news mate? The winners have already been announced by me. Juve have won it.

Comment

• Arsenal will be 4th.

They always are. They're a difficult team to stop when they have the scent of 4th in their nostrils.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                We hadn't won at St Mary's since 2003. A huge 3 points that was.

If we beat Stoke on the weekend I will fancy our chances of getting top 4.

I can see West Ham getting at least a draw against Liverpool.
                Arsenal get a couple of wins and out comes OG Wenger again

Comment

• It's a good job Guidetti can't hit a barn door.

Comment

• In fairness to Guidetti - how the feck was he meant to put that chance at the end away? It was drilled in his vague direction and it was behind him. The other lad has to just lace that at goal. To be fair, maybe he did and that's what he managed because he is a bit shit.

I do not miss Mourinho subs. All of his subs in that game were negative and questionable.

Comment

• Celta should of put that chance away. Last kick of the game as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X