Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer did the most damage to Mayweather? His physically toughest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
    Ask Floyd. He's said multiple times that cotto was his toughest. Nose and ribs were beat up. Watch the all access epilogue. He said "man that's one tough mutha ****er" Then stood in the shower just standing there for a long time soaking his pain. Floyd after the fight immediately lets go of roger and brings on his pops for a purely defensive strategy ever since.

To add more credibility to the argument the epilogue to cotto v trout trout said the same thing about cotto. "Man he hits so hard my ribs" Watch the all access

Now watch the Floyd cotto fight again with special attention to first 8 rounds. Brutal but close affair. Floyd pulled away there after. Depending on your view, cotto either gassed out or Floyd pulled away due to the juice. Personally I think cotto gassed out and Floyd won due to the edge in conditioning. now whether his legendary conditions come from hard work and dedication or iv's that remains to be proven. Point is cotto literally gave Floyd bloody hell.
    Bloody hell? Bloody hell! Floyd won the the first 4 rounds rather easy, cotto made was competitive in the middle rounds, 5-8th, then floyd put it back on him the last 4 rounds, in fact, looks like who could have taken hin out on a couple occassions. 9-3 floyd. Cotto gave him rounds, not hell.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      I'm starting to think it was Maidana who did more damage to Floyd. I just rewatched Mayweather-Maidana, Chino landed some brutal punches that I'm surprised Mayweather stood up to. He easily hit Mayweather with shots that would have knocked out other boxers.
      You didn't need to watch it in slow motion, right?

Real time shows chino hitting Floyd all over the place.

Broner would have seen stopped by some of those shots chino hit Floyd with.

Comment

Emanuel Augustus

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
          I'd say Maidana. He bricked Floyd throughout the whole fight.
          I can't speak for Floyd when he was younger. I know there was a fight where he went to war with a D-level guy.
          Maidan a all the way! The nut cracker!

Comment

Damn was it really Maidana?! That's crazy that that would happen to Mayweather so late in his career.

Comment

I think it was Cotto. I'm watching the Cotto fight and Mayweather was getting his monkey ass hit, Cotto was making contact with Mayweather's body and head.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                  Maidana, Chavez, Castillo, Cotto, Augustus....

Margarito would have put him in a coffin. Styles make fights.
                  I think you're right. Look what Cotto did to Floyd. There's no punch Floyd could land that would stop Margarito from running him down, Floyd would have to rely on angles and conditioning

Comment

Maidana 1, it was competitive the entire fight and really made floyd work hard.

I havent watched JLC 1 in a long time so cant compared that.

Cotto made his nose bleed but mayweather solved cotto and busted him up really bad by the end of the fight, clearly won and was in control at the end.

Mosley almost dropped him but that just that round.

Augustus was crazy, Mayweather beat the snot out of him but he just kept coming and coming. Augustus got some in too on floyd because he is so awkward and comes from weird angles, floyd was winning but it was hard work.

Remembering the agustus fight and watching that chavez clip, its no wonder mayweather had some hand problems the way he is landing so hard on these guys skulls but they kept coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      I think it was Cotto. I'm watching the Cotto fight and Mayweather was getting his monkey ass hit, Cotto was making contact with Mayweather's body and head.
                      Floyd was toying with cotto by the end of the fight. Not so with Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X