No announcement yet.

I thought you guys wanted GGG to move to 168 to 'test himself'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
    Why is Ward a coward for not signing a rematch immediately but Golovkin isn't?
    Rematch clause is their reasoning.

I've already refuted that by naming fighters who gave rematches to tough opponents with no rematch clause. But they're into the business of boxing now, so they will counter that with "money fights". They follow what GGG says. If GGG says he's not in boxing for business, just great fights, they echo his sentiments. If GGG is now in the business of boxing, then they adapt to that and echo his new statements. Jacobs rematch is very clearly the next best thing, not Saunders.

Imagine if Floyd decided to go after some easy money fight like Khan instead of rematching Maidana (who did not have a rematch clause)...same posters defending GGG's moves of fighting the weaker, joke of a boxer Saunders instead of fighting Jacobs again would've never let NSB rest with their Floyd ducking Maidana accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      It's whichever one he doesn't do.
      Unfortunately, this is exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
        What people want is competition. There's Canelo and now Jacobs that provide that. But we'll get Blow Job Saunders instead.
        Kinda like we could of had ggg cantnelo but we got cantnelo smith instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
          So now GGG wants to move up? Why didn't he want to move up to fight Ward?

GGG has yet to take a fight his handlers thought would be challenging, including the Jacobs fight. He needs to either rematch Jacobs or fight Canelo at 160, period. GGG is a joke. Guy spends his entire career at 160 and finally it looks like he has some real fights at that weight and he's running away to 168 in search of more bums? Pathetic.
          Preach the Gospel..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I really thought 168 would be a way for him to create a legacy and wanted him to go up for his benefit. Things have changed though. MW gained Charlo and (most likely) Canelo now, which are two huge additions. 168 also lost a decent title holder in Jack.

Another factor, after seeing Golovkin v Jacobs, I no longer think Gennady gets past DeGale and that was my whole point in wanting him to go to 168, because I thought he could wreck James.
            Good post.

168 lost Badou Jack who arguably should've got the decision against DeGale, which is a big loss. But DeGale would be a good opponent. Ramirez is also a credible opponent at that weight.

Canelo finally took a fight above Canelo-weight, which improves the likelihood of a Canelo-GGG match I would think. Oscar at least cannot now say that Canelo is not ready for 160.

A Jacobs rematch would also be a great fight, given that the first fight was a great fight.

I'd like to see more of Charlo, esp at 160, but he seems to be a credible opponent as well.

But whatever weight GGG decides I just want the good fights. I'd rather he take top fights at 160 than Murray/Macklin/Geale level opposition at 168, and likewise I'd prefer he take top fights at 168 than Murray/Macklin/Geale level opposition at 160.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-25-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Kinda like we could of had ggg cantnelo but we got cantnelo smith instead?
              Or we could have had Golovkin-Ward but got Golovkin-Wade instead.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

I've already refuted that by naming fighters who gave rematches to tough opponents with no rematch clause. But they're into the business of boxing now, so they will counter that with "money fights". They follow what GGG says. If GGG says he's not in boxing for business, just great fights, they echo his sentiments. If GGG is now in the business of boxing, then they adapt to that and echo his new statements. Jacobs rematch is very clearly the next best thing, not Saunders.

Imagine if Floyd decided to go after some easy money fight like Khan instead of rematching Maidana (who did not have a rematch clause)...same posters defending GGG's moves of fighting the weaker, joke of a boxer Saunders instead of fighting Jacobs again would've never let NSB rest with their Floyd ducking Maidana accusations.
                Excellent post

Comment

Kiev has a very valid point here. But you can flip it too for example. Cantnelo could have fought GGG like what 2 years ago even a year ago but he was too busy fighting washed up cotto for money and Liam fawking smith. It was a money grab with cotto and no one had a problem with it so why is it a problem now that GGG wants a supposed money grab with Saunders? Plus he wants all the belts so Saunders then cantnelo then the rematch. I have no problem with that as long as he rematches Danny by next year. Hell he can fight Saunders in June then if cantnelo doesn't want it in September he can take on Jacobs in oct/ nov

Comment

Did you miss the press conferences,
                    media releases and statements from the Golovkin camp prior to the fight. They stated clearly that there is no rematch clause. If fact it was stated more than usual for an upcoming fight. It was obvious that they were warning everyone about this situation. I'd like to see a rematch. It is what it is. Jacobs even
                    accepted it after a few days.

Comment

Last year Charlo wasn't ready to move up and Golovkin needed to stop picking on guys from lower weights and move up. Now that Sanchez is talking about moving up next year, he's apparently running away from Charlo.

By May, these fools will be complaining 'how come G hasn't moved up yet Sanchez said they'll move up'.

It's like a bunch of emo 13 year old girls changing their minds ad nauseum.

Comment

Working...
                      X