David Price; will he get right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his careers over

Comment

@EzzardCharles.....agreed, hard to see Price coming back from this.

Back-to-back knockout defeats = a very long, steep road back for Price and the danger of becoming a well-paid gatekeeper.

Would not be that surprised if David opted to avoid this long walk.

Surprised by the result, thought Price might survive a few crises and find a way to nick a win on points.

Comment

He can become a better fighter after this and he can have some good wins in the future, it's not the end of his career. However 6 months ago people thought he may be able to win a world title at some point and that doesn't seem realistic anymore.

Comment

I still stand by my belief that he can become a contender and a decent one at that. He does have some ability although he needs considerable work in a few areas, most importantly defence & footwork.

Saturday was another really poor performance, he didn't look himself at all, do we give him the benefit of the doubt... again?

What worried me was how he quit, maybe he was mentally drained? He didn't look himself physically, as he normally has good stamina.

Comment

David Price needs to learn how to clinch, do some serious work on his footwork, and seriously improve his conditioning if he wants to get to world level again. It'll be a tough couple of years if he does genuinely want to redeem himself. Otherwise he'll have to just stick to the British & commonwealth title level.

Comment

price could still come back...

he may just have problems with world class south paws

neither of the champions are southpaws

Comment

Originally posted by yew_tewb View Post
                price could still come back...

he may just have problems with world class south paws

neither of the champions are southpaws

You have to question the guy's heart, too.

Comment

Biggest problem is his heart, training won't fix that!

Comment

Mental midget, he's Audleyesque as in he really hates getting punched in the face. (yes, no one likes it) but as soon as he's hit, he seems to really s.hit himself, he's a great athlete but 'fighter' i think not.
                    I'd like to see him in with Chisora though, just to see him get rag dolled around.

On a more serious note he could maybe grab another brit/commonwealth perhaps euro strap, but i really don't think he has that 'fighter' mentality. Just a big athletic guy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
                      Mental midget, he's Audleyesque as in he really hates getting punched in the face. (yes, no one likes it) but as soon as he's hit, he seems to really s.hit himself, he's a great athlete but 'fighter' i think not.
                      I'd like to see him in with Chisora though, just to see him get rag dolled around.

On a more serious note he could maybe grab another brit/commonwealth perhaps euro strap, but i really don't think he has that 'fighter' mentality. Just a big athletic guy imo.
                      Hit it right on the money. I definitely see him being "commonwealth" champion sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X