Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Yellow Canelo Alvarez, National Coward of Mexico
    BOYCOTT!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Just for us? all the boxing community is bashing canelo for his caneloweight. Except for you since it serves for your purposes.
      Golovkin is just my whipping boy now. My favorite fighter has balls. He's fighting a literal killer in November. Your boy is fighting... Eubank Jr?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        What's up, buddy?
        Wondering how crappy the stream that I have to rely on to watch this fight is going to be. I was actually getting a little hyped up for this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Golovkin is just my whipping boy now. My favorite fighter has balls. He's fighting a literal killer in November. Your boy is fighting... Eubank Jr?
          Well.......GGG is fighting Eubank jr next.

Ward is fighting Brand.

GGG and Eubank are in the same division and Eubank is pretty good.

Ward is one division above Brand and Brand isn't even ranked in the top 10 of that division.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
            nelo cleared out 154, moved up and became LINEAL middleweight champ, something the likes of SRR, SRL and Hagler all did. Then going back down to 154, risking his life moving down and cutting weight to take on the best at 154. Nelo is amazing.
            PPV = SRL vs Duran
            PPV = SSL vs Hearns
            PPV = Hagler vs Hearns

Too many great fights at 154 available to settle for Canelo vs Liam Smith, let alone shovel it as a PPV. I mean, WTF???

Canelo arguably personifies the biggest duck in Mexican boxing history. Amazing?? Hardly.
            Last edited by THC; 06-24-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Well.......GGG is fighting Eubank jr next.

Ward is fighting Brand.

GGG and Eubank are in the same division and Eubank is pretty good.

Ward is one division above Brand and Brand isn't even ranked in the top 10 of that division.
              Brand just whooped an undefeated Russian power puncher at LHW. But hey man, I don't care about this fight either. The big one is in November. It will be a seminal fight for American boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                How the fuck is this a PPV fight. Only know the guy by name and I'm a fucking boxing junkie.
                There are enough Mexicans in the U.S. who don't know how to stream...
                ... and Liam is a decent fighter...

yes: we all wanted Canelo-GGG... there was a poll on The Ring webpage for the most expected fight in 2016: the poll showed Canelo-GGG at #1 by a large margin, followed by Kovalev-Ward (way back in percentage)...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Fact Liam Smith is BETTER then the man GGG just fought Wade, and the man GGG is fighting next Eubank. And better then the man he fought last year Monroe. Smith is better then 3 of the last 4 opponents GGG has faced and the 4th is lemeiux and it's debatable if he's better then Smith. that's the level GGG is at.
                  Of course, Big Dunn, of course... except that, recently, GGG was chasing Cotto, Canelo, Jacobs or Saunders -- who all didn't want to fight him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Acapulco Gold View Post
                    Nobody here better buy that PPV, what a joke.

I hope Canelo feels all the backlash from his Mexican American fans, because he has none in Mexico.

I mean, if you are gonna openly duck GGG (which already makes you look like a massive biotch) at least fight the best at 154, Andrade or the Charlo bros, not Liam fookin Smith. what a farce.

Ireland, you can claim this guy, we don't want him.
                    It's somehow understandable that Canelo avoids GGG, but the manner in which Canelo & Oscar called out Golovkin (right after the Khan fight) and then vacated the WBC belt was absolutely pathetic.

Comment

• Good fight. I understand a lot of people hating on Canelo but I will be covered by my 12.99 Boxnation subscription and will look forward to this one.

Smith is a good fighter and now stepping up to fight the best around his weight. I think Smith could stop Canelo honestly but wouldn't bet on it

Comment

Working...
                      X