Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin on fighting Mayweather at 154lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe he can make 154 without being very drained. Lots of fighters say they can go down to such and such a weight but they rarely can without being badly affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
      I don't believe he can make 154 without being very drained. Lots of fighters say they can go down to such and such a weight but they rarely can without being badly affected.
      basically....

Comment

The guy was just 172 at the 30 day weigh in. He's mostly muscle anyways, I'm sure he'd drain himself to 154. I guess that counts as making it. Fight will never happen anyways for numerous reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          0.48 on vid

No Gennady, he cant fight you at 154 as you're too big, but he wants to fight Cotto again at 154.5!

Comment

Golovkin has been fighting as a middleweight since his amateur days, cutting down 6 lbs to 154 is not a joke but if he says he can make 154 then l give him the benefit of the doubt. The bigger question is, will floyd?

l think floyd would rather fight cotto, another middleweight champ, and cotto would rather fight floyd than canelo. The question is what weight will they agree to fight?

Meanwhile, pac is waiting for floyd's response. He got 4 more days to wait, a suspense that is killing the whole boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              Golovkin has been fighting as a middleweight since his amateur days, cutting down 6 lbs to 154 is not a joke but if he says he can make 154 then l give him the benefit of the doubt. The bigger question is, will floyd?

l think floyd would rather fight cotto, another middleweight champ, and cotto would rather fight floyd than canelo. The question is what weight will they agree to fight?

Meanwhile, pac is waiting for floyd's response. He got 4 more days to wait, a suspense that is killing the whole boxing world.
              I'm hoping surprise SuperBowl announcement.

I think Golovkin's best bet is to move up.

Cotto ain't fighting him, neither is Floyd, these guys don't belong at MW.

Canelo might, maybe, but I doubt that aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Canelo actually belongs at MW but its like he refuses to admit it to himself.

I would pay for a Canelo vs GGG PPV.

Comment

Most UFC fighters routinely cut an average of 20 pounds, so technically he could do it by draining himself, but if he is not used it or doesn't do it right, he could be very weak fight night. He usually cuts around 11-13 pounds some maybe he can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                    The guy was just 172 at the 30 day weigh in. He's mostly muscle anyways, I'm sure he'd drain himself to 154. I guess that counts as making it. Fight will never happen anyways for numerous reasons.
                    He was also 165 pounds 30-days out against Rubio. I think him being 172 was not normal (maybe he celebrated a bit too much, who knows).

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Seems like it will finally happen but l'm only 50% hoping, the other 50% doesn't care, life goes on.

Floyd doesn't belong at MW and cotto is an accidental(whatever that means) MW champ lol.

Canelo fighting golovkin is good for boxing.

l see GGG mixing it up with 168 fighters, he got no choice, maybe against Ward in a year or two. Chavez jr as an extra in the mix lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X