Collapse
No announcement yet.

how will history judge pbf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because he was so dominant in his prime, he made it look easy, therefore, people thought he was facing mostly weaker competition, rather than ranked and mandatory contenders.

Comment

Monte D. Cox on Mayweather:

Floyd Mayweather’s career does not give him a top 10 spot. Luis Rodriguez, for example, had a better career than Floyd beating Emile Griffith, Benny Paret, Hurricane Carter, Curtis Cokes, Georgie Benton and Bennie Briscoe. I cannot in all honesty put Mayweather in the top 10 welterweights based on a career of hand picked opponents and having never unified a major title. Floyd avoided fights with Mosley, Margarito and Pacquiao when they meant something. He waited for these opponents to slow down and fade before considering facing them. Mayweather just does not have the competition to be considered a true all time great. I am not convinced that Floyd would beat any of the top 10 all time welterweights.

Comment

Good points by Monte. But Floyd did hold lineal Ring title belts, so that means something.

Comment

Originally posted by tezel8764 View Post

Floyd Mayweather’s career does not give him a top 10 spot. Luis Rodriguez, for example, had a better career than Floyd beating Emile Griffith, Benny Paret, Hurricane Carter, Curtis Cokes, Georgie Benton and Bennie Briscoe. I cannot in all honesty put Mayweather in the top 10 welterweights based on a career of hand picked opponents and having never unified a major title. Floyd avoided fights with Mosley, Margarito and Pacquiao when they meant something. He waited for these opponents to slow down and fade before considering facing them. Mayweather just does not have the competition to be considered a true all time great. I am not convinced that Floyd would beat any of the top 10 all time welterweights.
          MDC is definitely in the minority here. Who else besides him has seriously said Floyd *is not* an ATG

Comment

Floyd's fights aren't in black and white. That's where Monte's problem is.

Comment

He'll be remembered as the guy that Pacquiao would not fight due to his blood donating phobia.

I honestly think he'll be on Ali status. The truth will be on tape, people will appreciate him when it's all said and done. There will be 0 tapes of Floyd being dominated unlike Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                He'll be remembered as the guy that Pacquiao would not fight due to his blood donating phobia.

I honestly think he'll be on Ali status. The truth will be on tape, people will appreciate him when it's all said and done. There will be 0 tapes of Floyd being dominated unlike Pacquiao.
                ugh.... really?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  it's funny how everyone knocked Roy's resume while he was relevant.
                  Yeah because he made his opponents look second rate, BHOP is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by tezel8764 View Post

Floyd tried to get a fight made with Mosley earlier than it happened.

We should all know the 'story' by now with Pacquiao. Typical Bob Arum wizardry. Fact remains that Pacquiao walked away from 50/50 in 2009. Then he sued him.

Margarito was skipped over in favour of Gatti (who could blame him? Margarito was high risk, low reward, Gatti was the opposite)

Comment

biggest ducker in history.

Comment

Working...
                      X