Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I'm Not Ducking Golovkin, When Will He Move Up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm reading in that is, if GGG jumps up to 168+ to fight Ward and wins, then Floyd will offer to fight him next at 154/5.
    Have him bulk up to a higher weight than he's fought at before , drain down to lower than he's been fighting at before; it's clear what that would do to his body.
    What's clear is GGG creates more than enough buzz for a retired Floyd to be name dropping him.
    Last edited by Reverb; 05-14-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      I don't remember Leonard, Hearns, and Duran insisting that Hagler move up and fight Spinks in order for him to fight one of them!
      Nope but in Leonard case he just manipulate lalonde for the Light-heavyweight and super middleweight belt.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Quit asking Floyd to fight GGG, leave him alone already.. Hes retired and the sport is fine without him.. He aint gonna fight him anyways so why bother asking..

Floyd will prob rematch Berto for #50 and say Berto learned alot from his fight with him and is a changed fighter after KOing Ortiz..

Retired.. Gee i've never heard of a boxer coming out lf retirement.
        If floyd wants to call himself 'the best EVER' he should be ready for everyone trying to match him with the next best... All the time!
        Why retire if you are still on top? Why retire if you have never lost?
        If you look at majority of normal boxers record you will notice they start losing and then call it a day. Why call it a day if your still beating everyone? That silly little '0' statistic is too important to some people.
        Anyway....who am i to tell him what to do?
        In conclusion - The logic behind mayweather's response is stupid.

Comment

It's okay Floyd doesn't want that fight. He knows GGG would beat him up. He's not too small, but maybe just not that good anymore at 39. Let him have that circus fight against that club fighter McGregor.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally posted by MDPopescu
            FMJr fought an equally big guy in De La Hoya -- at 154...
            Quote:
            Originally posted by MDPopescu
            I don't find that FMJr has to fight GGG, because GGG would kill the 40 years old man.
            On another hand, FMJr should not state that GGG would be "easy work"...
            Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            He said if he himself could make 155 it would be easy work , he talks about being 150 in the ring at 154 then he said if he could make 155 , and its true if Floyd was the same size he would school him very easy .

Floyd is too small . he came from 130 and 5 divisions and GGG cant go to 168 , come on apply the same rules both ways .
            What? What?... But nevermind: I definitely don't see why a retired FMJr has to provide GGG with a huge payday at 154 and also get busted in the process...

Comment

Floyd is like 40 years old and too small for GGG. Can't blame GGG for wanting Floyd though, he's the best fighter of the era and fighting him is like winning the lottery. $$$

Fans shouldn't criticize Mayweather for not fighting GGG. I'm concerned with Canelo moving up from 155. That's what people should focusing on, not Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
                It's okay Floyd doesn't want that fight. He knows GGG would beat him up. He's not too small, but maybe just not that good anymore at 39. Let him have that circus fight against that club fighter McGregor.
                I know I disagree with the argument that peiplke say if GGG was Floyd's size Floyd would outbox him?
                If srr was max schmelling size srr would outboix him too. But that's not the point. Floyd's not good enough to beat GGG at 160, at 155, or 154 is not clear

Comment

They would make a big amount of money but in a boxing fight, a real mismatch. Not only would Mayweather win easily but so many other boxers would beat Conor. If it was in mma, only then would McGregor have a chance.

Comment

Only a totally degenerated ****** would ask someone to first fight a Light Heavyweight to qualify to fight a Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                      What I'm reading in that is, if GGG jumps up to 168+ to fight Ward and wins, then Floyd will offer to fight him next at 154/5.
                      Have him bulk up to a higher weight than he's fought at before , drain down to lower than he's been fighting at before; it's clear what that would do to his body.
                      What's clear is GGG creates more than enough buzz for a retired Floyd to be name dropping him.
                      ... Something like this ^^^

... Plus: GGG would dispatch McGregor in like 30 seconds or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X