Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big of a shock would Price beating Povetkin be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i honestly dont think it would be that surprising to me

price has length and power and has nothing to lose

in the past he has had loads of pressure on him as he was being built up as the next star

he almost retired so that can be a dangerous fighter imo

and povetkin didnt look great in his last fight, starting to look his age

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I hope that is literally the case when he enters the ring.

If Dave has to enter the ring in front of 80,000 he might gas during the ring walk
      Hahahaha

If he has to walk indoors he might hyperventilate

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        hahaha that's what I meant to say. Just misplaced the names

But still a surprise to me, so many big upsets come to mind. While Price beating Povetkin would be a huge KO, theres still to many factors like Povetkin's age which wouldn't put it on the same level as a Douglas/Tyson or a Spinks/Ali
        Povetkin is only 4 years older than Price. The reason i say it would be one of the biggest upsets of all time is down to the manner of Price's defeats and his record going into this fight. Price has only beat a handful of journeymen in the last 5 years since being destroyed twice by Thompson. Any time since then he has stepped up slightly to fringe world level he has been KTFO showing zero punch resistance, engine or heart in the process. At least Douglas was coming off of 2 decent wins going into the Tyson fight and was in the best form of his career. Price, in my opinion, has showed on several occasions now that he cant cope at Euro level never mind against one of the top heavies in the world.

Comment

I'm surprised a few posters wouldn't be shocked by it.

How do you see Price knocking him out in the first 2-3 rounds? Which is when it would have to happen.

Comment

Price is a prime example of a guy who can cut it for 3 round amateur fights but not at pro. After round 4 the end will be swift.

Comment

Massive shock I'd say. In fact, it's almost impossible in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                Povetkin is only 4 years older than Price. The reason i say it would be one of the biggest upsets of all time is down to the manner of Price's defeats and his record going into this fight. Price has only beat a handful of journeymen in the last 5 years since being destroyed twice by Thompson. Any time since then he has stepped up slightly to fringe world level he has been KTFO showing zero punch resistance, engine or heart in the process. At least Douglas was coming off of 2 decent wins going into the Tyson fight and was in the best form of his career. Price, in my opinion, has showed on several occasions now that he cant cope at Euro level never mind against one of the top heavies in the world.
                Four years is a long time in boxing years, but you do make great points, and you likely know the UK fighters a lot better than I do. Agree to Disagree haha

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me at all. When you can bang like Price can anything's possible. I don't think he will win and expect him to be stopped in 5-6 rounds.

Comment

Bivol vs Price is a no brainer.

Would be really interesting to see Kovalev vs Price.

GGG vs Price I WOULD PAY to see.

While we are at it... Mikey Garcia vs Price?

Humn.. LOMA or Pacman vs Price?

Comment

Working...
                    X