Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Emotional, Admits Ramirez Beat Him For Gold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class from him.

Don't mess with those Cubans doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Yea our nation has 330mil. But that means what exactly? Population size doesn't determine talent. Never has, never will. The US is only the 5th largest nation population wise in the world.
      You never answered my question.....we only have 68 million so what does that say about UK and of course population will create more talent lol...your not gonna find as many 6ft 5 future heavyweights in Luxembourg as you would find in America lol..( it's a small country Europe with a population of 500k in case you don't know) and if you take away the medals you have won in sports like basketball or athletics because really no other country plays it or has it intergrated in there system the way USA does which then gives an unfair advantage with your medal tally ..and another thing if you can't tell when somebody is just trolling and just taking the p1ss then ur either a stupid young kid or just plain stupid ....basically I was trolling for fun and you reponded....wind up
      Last edited by The plunger man; 08-21-2016, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Class from him.

Don't mess with those Cubans doe.
        Ramirez is just an amazing fighter the kid is the complete package.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          People should be ASHAMED of criticizing a teenager who has basically given up having a normal teen life to dedicate himself to this sport and then the only "crime" he commits is to cry after losing something he dreamed about for many years?? WTF????? Nothing wrong with being real and showing emotion. There is something wrong when teens bottle up emotions and pretend they are tough and should not cry. That's how they become fked up adults! I look forward to seeing him get all he wants from life and hope he stays true to himself.
          I can't respect a kid who does his best and makes no excuses more than a man who cries he was robbed. Anyone putting this kid down, a guy with enough class to admit he lost, is either a child or a person that has never actually put the gloves on in a real gym. Stevenson lost...he knows it, knows why and was disappointed. When these "tough guys" can say they were in the Olympics at 19 and lost to an amateur great I'll start paying attention. Until then...let em whine. The US should be proud. No excuses, no BS and no drama. Just a kid who barely missed his dream. I hope he goes on to a long and great career. He lost, but he showed class. That is what sports are about!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Also worth remembering that Shakur should have been a lot fresher than Ramirez having over two times the rest period before the fight and only half the fights.

Put that 3rd round in that context and its even more amazing from RR
            From another perspective having less fights (especially not having a semi final fight) could have easily prevented Shakur from getting in stride and finding his rhythm as early into the bout as a tested and ready Ramirez was. They are only 3 round fights and these kids are young thoroughbreds with fresh unworn lungs so I doubt the fresher fighter thing would factor in much. But if you have less fights than your opponent than you also have less chances to practice and get into your rhythm and than your opponent. Olympic boxing isn't one of those times where it's a plus to get a bye. Those rounds are important to get in. Just me opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
              From another perspective having less fights (especially not having a semi final fight) could have easily prevented Shakur from getting in stride and finding his rhythm as early into the bout as a tested and ready Ramirez was. They are only 3 round fights and these kids are young thoroughbreds with fresh unworn lungs so I doubt the fresher fighter thing would factor in much. But if you have less fights than your opponent than you also have less chances to practice and get into your rhythm and than your opponent. Olympic boxing isn't one of those times where it's a plus to get a bye. Those rounds are important to get in. Just me opinion.
              Id definitely take the extra rest tbh.

I can see what you are saying, but yeah. Over 3 rnds, much rather have the rest

Comment

Give me a break. He is just a kid. He said nothing disrespectful. He fought with heart. I am proud of him. How did he make the USA look bad? By crying at his disappointment. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Yet he couldn't hardly land a single clean punch on Shakur who is younger and less experienced. Which is why I said shakur will beat that kid at the next level in a pro style fight.
                  You haven't seen nothing, the Cuban won the Gold when he was 18 years old and have been whooping some A$$ at the wsb, the kid is really good...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    You haven't seen nothing, the Cuban won the Gold when he was 18 years old and have been whooping some A$$ at the wsb, the kid is really good...
                    Yea Ramirez won gold at 18 and was in against much tougher comp than Shakur was in his first two fights.

People don't seem to realize how special Robeisy is, everything he has won has been gold he knows no silver or bronze.

Robeisy Ramirez is the real golden boy.
                    Last edited by kidbazooka; 08-21-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Let him stay where he is and become an career amateur.
                      Yeah maybe you're right, look what happened to Rigo

Comment

Working...
                      X