Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin just signed for his next fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin just signed for his next fight.

Time for Erislandy Lara to crawl out of the woodwork and start twittering again?

Last edited by kafkod; 07-09-2016, 09:34 AM.

You must've missed the callout after the Vanes fight. I'm fairly confident there was no signed fight then. Team GGG as usual acted like it didn't happen.

Comment

Golovkin fans never hear team ggg express any intent toward Laura, never say they're trying to negotiate, but as soon as Golovkin has a fight booked and is in the clear, "Where's Lara NOW??"

Look, it should be apparent to even the most blind of fans that Golovkin's team doesn't want a Lara fight. As to the reason, that's fair game.

Comment

just go away. forever please lara.
        you have no fans apart from a couple of boxing hipsters, one of the most boring unengaging 'fighters' in the sport, you bring nothing to the table, a C level caveman in angulo was battering you, GGG would put you in a coma.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          You must've missed the callout after the Vanes fight. I'm fairly confident there was no signed fight then. Team GGG as usual acted like it didn't happen.
          That was when K2 were negotiating with GBP and being told by Canelo and Oscar that they wanted to fight GGG in Sept.

After the announcement came that the fight was definitely not going to happen this year, and Danny Jacobs signed for Mora ... not a peep out of Lara or his twittering manager.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            That was when K2 were negotiating with GBP and being told by Canelo and Oscar that they wanted to fight GGG in Sept.

After the announcement came that the fight was definitely not going to happen this year, and Danny Jacobs signed for Mora ... not a peep out of Lara or his twittering manager.
            Canelo had vacated the belt prior to that. The Nelo fight was dead in the water at that point. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that.

Nice try.

Comment

Golovkin is fighting a... WELTERWEIGHt next man. His fanboys should keep a low profile for the next 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Canelo had vacated the belt prior to that. The Nelo fight was dead in the water at that point. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that.

Nice try.
                Statements from Canelo and Oscar after Canelo relinquished the WBC title:

Alvarez issued a statement on Wednesday which read:

"After much consideration, today I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin and to finalise a deal as quickly as possible."

Golden Boy Promotions Chairman and CEO Oscar De La Hoya added:

"Now that the WBC title is off the table, I am hopeful that 'GGG' and his promoter K2 Promotions will come to the table in good faith and get this deal done."
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-09-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Statements from Canelo and Oscar after Canelo relinquished the WBC title:

Alvarez issued a statement on Wednesday which read:

"After much consideration, today I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin and to finalise a deal as quickly as possible."

Golden Boy Promotions Chairman and CEO Oscar De La Hoya added:

"Now that the WBC title is off the table, I am hopeful that 'GGG' and his promoter K2 Promotions will come to the table in good faith and get this deal done."
                  Once again, nice try (Click me)

This is prior to the fight...

Negotiations are officially dead in terms of making Alvarez-Golovkin but Loeffler is a realist, while still pursuing that fight, he still has to look for other more realistic options for the time being.
                  They were already looking at other options at that point. Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    just go away. forever please lara.
                    you have no fans apart from a couple of boxing hipsters, one of the most boring unengaging 'fighters' in the sport, you bring nothing to the table, a C level caveman in angulo was battering you, GGG would put you in a coma.
                    Sad thing is, boxing is a business in this day and age and Lara is an opponent I'm not interested into. If Angulo hurt him at 154, GGG knocks him out with ease at 160.

Why don't we have Jacobs vs Lara and the winner gets GGG?

Comment

Working...
                    X