No announcement yet.

Alex Arthur prays for his devil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Arthur prays for his devil

ALL SUCCESSFUL fighters must have it. That quality signified by a glint in the eye or the ability to rumble an opponent verbally, or to put a thumb where it shouldn't go and perhaps leave a head in a place it shouldn't be. Let's call it the devil, without the capital D.
    Ali, Tyson, even Sugar Ray Leonard, all had the devil, while Frank Bruno and John Conteh didn't have enough of it. 'It' is best summed up as an ability to enjoy hurting an opponent, and in the early years of his career, Alex Arthur of Edinburgh alwawys had the devil inside.

http://sport.scotsman.com/boxing/Mar...ays.5364099.jp

BS

Comment

I hope they match Arthur up against John Murray.

Different promoters so it probably won't happen, but I think it has the potential to be a great scrap.

Comment

Damn Satan worshiper.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
          Damn Satan worshiper.

I doubt he'll need any pack with satan to beat the mug he has lined up on Friday.

Comment

Here's another link.Says he wants fast tracked off the wbo.I wonder how fast they'll be looking at . Holy **** Ricky Burns is up to 3 with the WBO . Arthur aint even ranked yet at lightweight
            http://www.wbo-int.com/

Boxing: Arthur fired up and looking mean for Benbiou fight

FORMER WBO superfeatherweight champion Alex Arthur is "fired up and raring to go'' for his comeback lightweight division fight against 34-year-old Algerian Mohammed Benbiou at Glasgow's Bellahouston Leisure Centre on Friday night.

Arthur appears to be in tip-top condition for the bout and has been in ferocious form during sparring sessions with former British featherweight champion Paul Appleby.

http://sport.scotsman.com/boxing/Box...and.5368638.jp

Comment

ALEX ARTHUR has received a welcome surprise reward from his wife Debbie for stopping French opponent Mohamed Benbiou in just 92 seconds on Friday in Glasgow – a short holiday break in the Italian capital, Rome, where the couple will spend a few days later this week.

Arthur will then make an immediate return to training in preparation for his next fight at his new weight of lightweight. And he is hoping to be on the Amir Khan next month when the Bolton fighter takes on Ukrainian WBA light-welterweight champion Andreas Kotelnik.

Arthur said: "Nothing would please me better than posting another spectacular lightweight win in Manchester so that the fans down there could see once again what the real Alex Arthur looks like, something they didn't see in September 2008 when I lost my WBO title to Nicky Cook in Manchester.''

Arthur's coach Terry McCormack promised: "I will have Alex toiling hard in the Lochend gym and sparring so that he wins big style in Manchester, no matter who he faces down there."

One man Arthur will not be fighting is Aberdeen's Commonwealth champion, Lee McAllister as suggested in some quarters.

Arthur added: "This isn't the first time this idea has been raised, even by McAllister himself, but fighting McAllister or anyone else for a Commonwealth title totally underwhelms me.

"I am concentrating on chasing a world lightweight title fight and nowhere does Lee McAllister figure in that scenario.

"The only person who could possibly benefit from such a bout would be McAllister and I'm not in the business of helping his career, I just want to advance my own.
              http://sport.scotsman.com/boxing/Box...urn.5387725.jp

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                I hope they match Arthur up against John Murray.

Different promoters so it probably won't happen, but I think it has the potential to be a great scrap.
                I am SO gonna watch Predator tonight!

Comment

Working...
                X