Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
    Tommy Ryan must have had a great chin and he was no slouch in power they say. Les Darcy never knocked down once in his career and he hit very hard. The problem with most big punchers is that they tend to take a lot of risks trying to get that big one in, maybe Darcy and Ryan were very smart fighters who had the big punch and also had patience. Thing is, no matter how good the chin all can be knocked out if they keep making mistakes. Mike Tyson is one, his chin could take some big punches but he would stop moving his head and then got nailed over and over again, there is simply a limit for all men.

Marciano's chin was out of this world good, he only ever went down twice and both because it was the beginning of the fight and was a bit cold, but when he warmed up... lookout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      McCall fought till he was 50,,, fought everyone on the block, and was never even stunned,,,

I saw him live in 2005... It was the undercard of Rahman-barrett in Chicago, and Golata was supposed to fight a young Polish heavyweight.. Last minute Golata withdrew, and McCall took his spot on short notice,,, McCall came out to the most gangster music ever, proceeded to eat shots from the young polish heavyweight, but 4th rd Oliver caught him and it was lights out...

Best chin ever, and proven over 4 different decades

Atomic bull would make Ike bytch out
      Ike was a slightly more polished fighter than Bruno,thats about it. The topic is not who fought longer but who took the better punches...Foreman clearly ate harder punches from Morrison....Also accumulation of punches count which would put foreman over McCall. the Holyfield fight would prove that. foreman simply fought the harder punches all around...Lewis was the sole exception to who McCall fought but the fight was short and lewis never really landed his A punch over hand right .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-27-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• I think Foreman had more power than Ike and Tua, I think he can still win it perhaps by cracking Iron Chins but I dont know an Iron Jaw is just so hard to put out sometimes

Oliver cant crack these chins he is out!

Its Tua, Ike Foreman, maybe Bowe ,one of them, Foreman had the hardest punch, not sure who had the best Chin but it probably wasnt foreman
        Last edited by AlexKid; 03-27-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          I think Foreman had more power than Ike and Tua, I think he can still win it perhaps by cracking Iron Chins but I dont know an Iron Jaw is just so hard to put out sometimes

Oliver cant crack these chins he is out!

Its Tua, Ike Foreman, one of them, Foreman had the hardest punch, not sure who had the best Chin but it probably wasnt foreman
          Do you like cowboys, kid? They are cow punchers, after all, and their butt muscles are a cinch from straddling those saddles all day on the open range.

Matt Dillon had the best chin and the best punch of all cowboys. He got the job done quickly with normal tough guys, a backhanded slap usually sufficing to render his opponents into a state of submission, if not unconsciousness. When he had to street brawl with professional boxers and super toughs, he always took their punches. None of them could endure his quite as long. He never lost a fair fistfight, and hardly any unfair ones, for that matter.

Check him out from your Swedish love nest, kid, you'll love the swinging action of a big-big-big-big---big-big-big cowpoke. Invite a few buddies. I reckon he was the toughest cowpoke that ever lived in an old fashioned cowpopke poke in them days. Jabs? Why, let me tell you something. His pole had a massive reach, and the man packed balls to back it. His uppercut was tremendous, in fact his whole torso was like a V down to his waist.

After him, Tom Selleck and Cheyenne Bodie were the toughest cowpokes I can remember right now. But they got beat up sometimes or were often in jeopardy of losing. Dillon was different--he simply took everyone out. I think you prefer a man who takes everyone out. There were no blood tests beforehand in those days. Things developed too quickly for PPV. They were freebies. Dillon simply took you out if you asked for it.

Yeah, it's Dillon. He could ground Selleck and Bodie one after another and leave them both dripping.

Comment

• Ike beat Tua, so to anyone that says its Tua they could be wrong. Ike out pointed him for the win, not sure who was more damaged after the fight or during?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Do you like cowboys, kid? They are cow punchers, after all, and their butt muscles are a cinch from straddling those saddles all day on the open range.

Matt Dillon had the best chin and the best punch of all cowboys. He got the job done quickly with normal tough guys, a backhanded slap usually sufficing to render his opponents into a state of submission, if not unconsciousness. When he had to street brawl with professional boxers and super toughs, he always took their punches. None of them could endure his quite as long. He never lost a fair fistfight, and hardly any unfair ones, for that matter.

Check him out from your Swedish love nest, kid, you'll love the swinging action of a big-big-big-big---big-big-big cowpoke. Invite a few buddies. I reckon he was the toughest cowpoke that ever lived in an old fashioned cowpopke poke in them days. Jabs? Why, let me tell you something. His pole had a massive reach, and the man packed balls to back it. His uppercut was tremendous, in fact his whole torso was like a V down to his waist.

After him, Tom Selleck and Cheyenne Bodie were the toughest cowpokes I can remember right now. But they got beat up sometimes or were often in jeopardy of losing. Dillon was different--he simply took everyone out. I think you prefer a man who takes everyone out. There were no blood tests beforehand in those days. Things developed too quickly for PPV. They were freebies. Dillon simply took you out if you asked for it.

Yeah, it's Dillon. He could ground Selleck and Bodie one after another and leave them both dripping.
              Nah it's John Wayne, he was the toughest, pick a movie, he was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Ike beat Tua, so to anyone that says its Tua they could be wrong. Ike out pointed him for the win, not sure who was more damaged after the fight or during?
                Huh? Are you a simpleton? Lennox and Byrd beat Tua as well. Are they more durable?

And Ike definitely took more damage than Tua. That's pretty documented fact.

Comment

• Vitali Klitschko

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                    Huh? Are you a simpleton? Lennox and Byrd beat Tua as well. Are they more durable?

And Ike definitely took more damage than Tua. That's pretty documented fact.
                    Yea but Ike kinda went toe to toe, obviously Lewis did a safety first boxing job

Ok thats good for Tua

Comment

• Marciano and Ali.
                      Ali had a three year forced lay off at his prime, came back after just 2 fights and went 15 rounds with Frazier who broke his jaw in the 15th round.
                      Ali got up and saw out the fight.
                      Did anyone bother to mention George Chuvalo?

Comment

Working...
                      X