Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that UK judges were going to rob Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that UK judges were going to rob Usyk?

I don’t think it’s true. You can argue that Bellew was ahead at the time of the stoppage but the way the fight was going he would’ve closed the gap.

Comment

I think the cards were Bellew by 1, Bellew by 2 and a draw

Bellew by 1 was the correct score, one card was too generous to usyk the other too generous to bellew

so no.

Comment

uk announcers went way overboard, usyk was timing bellew and he had him figured out after a few rounds. this isn't a fight at LW where a guy might need several rounds to turn the tide. those were very big cruiserweights. usyk turned things around with one sequence, and after that anybody with a working set of eyeballs could tell you bellew was getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
          Yes. They had Bellew winning the fight when he should have been behind. When it comes to their favorite boxers England is consistently bad on the scoring and on stopping fights too early to give the Englishman the KO win. I can't remember many fights in England between an English champion and a visiting fighter that I thought were scored fairly. The Englishman usually gets favorable scoring. Sometimes by a little and sometimes by a lot. The visiting fighter can get the points win but he had better win clearly. If he only wins by a small amount he will lose on the scorecards. England is not the only country like this and they aren't the worst but they are bad. I don't mean to offend English fans on here but that has been what I have seen.

Comment

very close fight at the time of the stoppage. Bellew could very well had been leading without it being a robbery

Comment

Yep seems like they were incredibly biased. Most of bellew shots were just panick throwing as Usyk was walking him down...them shots hit Usyk's gloves and elbows 90% of the time

Comment

Bellew was ahead by one round on my card.

Keep this Brit bashing up though.

Funny that all of you watched the fight, yet Hearn/Matchroom/DAZN is bad for boxing etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                  I think the cards were Bellew by 1, Bellew by 2 and a draw

Bellew by 1 was the correct score, one card was too generous to usyk the other too generous to bellew

so no.
                  SO YES. Bellew was not up by 1 he was down by 1 so you are off by 2 points and just as bias as the judges were. The forum we are on, Boxing Scene, scored the fight and they gave Bellew 3 rounds because that is all the rounds he won. They gave Usyk all the other rounds making Usyk ahead on points when he scored the KO. The judge who had Bellew up by 2 points was clearly not going to let Usyk win unless he scored a KO. All Bellew needed to win for that judge was to finish the fight and not get knocked down. Any close round was going to Bellew even if Usyk actually won it.

Comment

Wasn't it a Mexican judge who had Bellew up by 2 rounds?

Comment

Working...
                    X