Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that UK judges were going to rob Usyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think so. I think Bellew was in it and if you had him winning thats ok. Bellew came out strong looking to take Usyk out and blew his load. Usyk I think recognized that and let him, then took his head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Care to give me these fights in which the overseas fighter clearly won but the English fighter got undeserved scorecards?
      Obodai Sai vs Jamie Cox? lol or maybe Froch vs Dirrell?

I agree it's totally blown out of proportion that British fighters get gift decisions, more robberies happen in the U.S. but they generally aren't about giving the American fighter the advantage over all others.

There have been some cards in recent history in fights that got stopped by T/KO that were suspect. The most recent one I can remember was Povetkin vs Joshua, I think all three judges had Joshua winning at the time of the KO which was ridiculous. There's also been some shifty refereeing, favoring one (read: local) fighter's style over another. It happens everywhere though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
        Obodai Sai vs Jamie Cox? lol or maybe Froch vs Dirrell?

I agree it's totally blown out of proportion that British fighters get gift decisions, more robberies happen in the U.S. but they generally aren't about giving the American fighter the advantage over all others.

There have been some cards in recent history in fights that got stopped by T/KO that were suspect. The most recent one I can remember was Povetkin vs Joshua, I think all three judges had Joshua winning at the time of the KO which was ridiculous. There's also been some shifty refereeing, favoring one (read: local) fighter's style over another. It happens everywhere though.
        Didn't watch the Cox fight, but have heard about it. Froch won that Dirrell fight. You can't get a decision by running, disengaging and flopping to the floor all night. So yeah, saying we rip overseas fighters off is nothing but bull****. Especially coming from an American whose country has always done it.

You need to watch that Povetkin fight again. Joshua was clearly winning it.

I'll agree some of the stoppages are too quick, but disagree about the ref favouring one fighter over another.

Comment

Didn't watch the Cox fight, but have heard about it. Froch won that Dirrell fight. You can't get a decision by running, disengaging and flopping to the floor all night. So yeah, saying we rip overseas fighters off is nothing but bull****. Especially coming from an American whose country has always done it.

I'll agree some of the stoppages are too quick, but disagree about the ref favouring one fighter over another.
          For the most part we agree.

Two judges had Joshua up by 2 and one had him up by 4. That's just wrong, it was a draw at best, and Joshua was getting beat up early on til Povetkin gassed. I've watched it a couple of times.

I agree with the Dirrell/Froch decision, that's the one people like to bring up but it was a close split decision and Dirrell didn't do anything that would make you say: "Yes he absolutely won that".

Comment

Real talk, everywhere is guilty of a little home cooking once in a while. Even though it's got a bad rep, I don't actually believe the UK is any better or any worse than a lot of places. It ain't surprising that Bellew was ahead on the scorecards at the time of the stoppage, a lot of people saw it that way. Not everything has to be controversial!

Comment

i wouldn't say that. it was competitive and close.

Either way, there's no way AJ is ever losing a decision in the UK unless he gets shut out in every round.

Comment

lol i forgot about that sidknee clown. theres never been any UK robberies where the overseas fighter won and got jobbed?

hes like the UK 1hourrun, except 1hourrun is clearly trolling and amusing. this idiot is just a nationalistic freak for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                  For the most part we agree.

Two judges had Joshua up by 2 and one had him up by 4. That's just wrong, it was a draw at best, and Joshua was getting beat up early on til Povetkin gassed. I've watched it a couple of times.

I agree with the Dirrell/Froch decision, that's the one people like to bring up but it was a close split decision and Dirrell didn't do anything that would make you say: "Yes he absolutely won that".
                  I had it 4-2 to Joshua. The rounds were pretty easy to score so don't see how anyone could have Povetkin winning other than a bias against Joshua which has been flooding this forum for some time now.

At no point was Povetkin "Beating up" Joshua. He landed some good shots in the first few rounds, but nothing major. We most definitely have a different definition of someone being beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    lol i forgot about that sidknee clown. theres never been any UK robberies where the overseas fighter won and got jobbed?

hes like the UK 1hourrun, except 1hourrun is clearly trolling and amusing. this idiot is just a nationalistic freak for no reason.
                    There have been robberies in Scotland, but how many have happened in England where the overseas fighter won but didn't get the decision?

And the reason you have poisonous things to say about fighters over here is because they're English and you're a typical Scot who has nothing but bile because of what happened a million years ago. So if i'm a nationalistic freak, I will never come close to being as extreme as weirdo's like you that are all over Scotland with their nationalistic knuckles dragging all over the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                      i wouldn't say that. it was competitive and close.

Either way, there's no way AJ is ever losing a decision in the UK unless he gets shut out in every round.
                      I had it 4-2 to Joshua. So the scorecards were good in my eyes.

The Wlad fight was close with the scorecards reflecting that, so I don't think you have to clearly win the round to get it against Joshua. You just have to show you did in fact win it.

Comment

Working...
                      X