No announcement yet.

strength and boxing the same day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strength and boxing the same day

Is it enough recovery for the body to train your upper body (biceps, shoulders, chest, back etc) in the morning and in the afternoon boxing?

Because normally when people do two workouts a day it is running`/ leg workout and boxing.

Anybody can help me out?

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
    Is it enough recovery for the body to train your upper body (biceps, shoulders, chest, back etc) in the morning and in the afternoon boxing?

Because normally when people do two workouts a day it is running`/ leg workout and boxing.

Anybody can help me out?
    Your better off doing split same day routines ,and switching it up, doing boxing before weights some days . Some days do it all in the same frame of time to condition the body ( you should know what days to do this by feel ) . I would either have 2 hours of weights and 1 hour bag work ,,etc or vice versa .Some days 2 hrs of each . I would try to lift at night bc im stronger then but everyone is different but split routines lets you be fresher particularly if you train throwing punches not just weight lifting bc you'll have better technique with no tight muscles .

Take a long hot shower after first work out letting water hit directly wherever you think you worked more the heat generates blood flow to the area which loosens and heals the muscles faster . After that stretch for a bit .

Ive never had set days to do specific type work outs other than legs (which should only be worked every 5 days ) bc i go on body feel ,but its important to have a light day often so you dont burnout . Your body isnt going to recovery fully in afew hour period obviously but the split routines help if you have time to to do that . I also got better results with strictly cardio days for increasing stamina (sometimes running up on treadmill 5 minutes then 3 rnds bag work no rest ..repeat etc. ) can help alot .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-04-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

People say it's best to do swimming instead, if you want both in the same day try to replace it with swimming. I do agree with this already, it also helps with my cardio and it best fits my need to train the whole body. I train my legs with jump rope, jumping on barbels, jumping on a truck tire and etc. my calves are way huge.

Does anyone know if that we gain more muscle mass, the harder it is for the cardio to keep up?

Comment

Just do body weight stuff and medicine ball stuff.

Boxers have been doing that stuff since the beginning, no need to reinvent strength training for boxers.

Almost none of the top fighters throughout history ever touched weights.

Comment

Most fighters do s&c on the same day they are at the gym boxing. Unless you are looking to put on weight then lifting weights is kinda useless. I used weights to bulk up and it worked really well but my stamina wasn't as good as it could have been. My advice to you is to do calisthenics like dips, chin ups or pull ups (whichever you prefer), bodyweight squats, lunges, WALL SITS, running up hills and inclines, and core work. Core work is really important for both protection from bodyshots as well as power/speed. Buy a resistence band those work wonders for the core and conditioning overall.

Comment

The only time it makes a difference which session comes early is when your training as a fighter. If your getting in shape then your boxing comes at your strongest time of the day, early for most.
            Adding some weight training would come after your boxing session.
            If your not an active fighter it makes no difference your just working out to be in shape!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by addix View Post
              almost none of the top fighters throughout history ever touched weights.
              b s..............

That for sure changed in the las 20 years at least.
              Last edited by _Maxi; 01-21-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X