No announcement yet.

Concept Of NELO Beating GGG Boosts Mayweather's Legacy?! WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    Canelo was undefeated in over 40 fights when he fought Mayweather. It was a huge accomplishment for an aging Mayweather to fight and beat the young bull. When was he supposed to fight him? When he turned 41? People twist and turn to discredit Mayweather. You all said no way would he even fight him and he does and schools him and now it's somehow not a huge win.

If Canelo beats GGG and then goes on to be dominant for the next 8 years he'll be an all time fighter. Beating an all time fighter is a huge feather in anyone's cap.
    I agree. Mayweather beat Canelo so easily that people seem to dismiss it. Yes Canelo was drained, catch weight etc, but Floyd was so far above Canelo in skill it was "easy work" for him. If Canelo beats Golovkin it won't say as much about Canelo as it will Golovkin's skill or lack thereof. September 16 will answer a lot of questions about both fighters. Still nothing will diminish what Floyd Mayweather has accomplished in boxing.

Comment

The whole idea is that this version of Canelo is much better, stronger, more experienced than the one that Mayweather fought. GGG would obliterate the Canelo that lost to Mayweather.

Comment

Lmao anything to discredit floyd on this site....amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          The whole idea is that this version of Canelo is much better, stronger, more experienced than the one that Mayweather fought. GGG would obliterate the Canelo that lost to Mayweather.
          Of course that's the idea of Golovkin fans and Mayweather haters. Won't look too good if he loses to someone Mayweather toyed with.

Comment

Canelo was in his prime when he fought Floyd. Stop with this too green bull****, because that what is, bull****. Oscar's protege got schooled and embarrassed by a past prime welterweight. Oscar needed an excuse to rationalize how his star fighter could be so thoroughly beaten by a much smaller and older fighter. Canelo is still the same fighter he was a few years. You saw him barely squeak past Lara and Trout. You saw him badly whiffing on punches when he fought Khan of all people. Fact is if what we've seen the past few years is "prime Canelo" then he's still "too green" to ever compete with Floyd.

I don't know why it's so hard for people too accept this dude is a good fighter, but not a great fighter. This "too green" excuse carries the implications that Canelo has become a much better fighter, which is laughable. He will never beat any version of Floyd. He's not built like that. He wouldn't even be the favorite to beat current 40 yr old Floyd despite the two year layoff and y'all know it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
              Lmao anything to discredit floyd on this site....amazing
              This.

Do we need to bump the scores of threads about how Floyd is ducking Canelo and he'd never fight a young undefeated bull like him? Those threads also contain hundreds of posts about how Floyd is chicken, but if he did nut up and fight Canelo he'll be given full credit finally.

Canelo was young, but he was not green. Dude was 42-0-1 and had beaten Mosely, Cintron, and Trout already, 3 wins that are arguably better than any 3 wins GGG has on his resume currently. If Floyd would have waited a few more years to fight Canelo you all would have been screaming that he was chicken, then after he schooled him you all would be saying how Canelo was so much tougher when he was younger.

Comment

Anyone notice the TS criticised a 154lb Canello @ 152 catchweight but then suggest it would be ok to fight 160lb Canello @ 155 catchweight?

No thanks. Not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                  Anyone notice the TS criticised a 154lb Canello @ 152 catchweight but then suggest it would be ok to fight 160lb Canello @ 155 catchweight?

No thanks. Not buying it.
                  You guys know I'm one of the most objective here. And I am big supporter for May vs Mac.. I also said anything 155+

But Floyd beat Oscar at 154 as well as Cotto. Then Floyd fights Alvarez at 152? Why didn't Floyd bluff and say "I don't need 152, I'll still beat his ass at 154.."

Unfortunately because Bernard was great imo and kept going and eventually fighting softer in his decline like Floyd, with power, I'm just gonna say Alvarez now beats Floyd...

My point is Nelo vs GGG has nothing to do with Floyd and it doesn't boost Floyd's legacy. Floyd's legacy alone supersedes Nelo and GGG combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    You guys know I'm one of the most objective here. And I am big supporter for May vs Mac.. I also said anything 155+

But Floyd beat Oscar at 154 as well as Cotto. Then Floyd fights Alvarez at 152? Why didn't Floyd bluff and say "I don't need 152, I'll still beat his ass at 154.."

Unfortunately because Bernard was great imo and kept going and eventually fighting softer in his decline like Floyd, with power, I'm just gonna say Alvarez now beats Floyd...

My point is Nelo vs GGG has nothing to do with Floyd and it doesn't boost Floyd's legacy. Floyd's legacy alone supersedes Nelo and GGG combined.
                    I hear you. I thought you were subconsciously moving the goal post with a 155 catchweight. Just pointing out Floyd will never get the credit he deserves from his detractors.

But I still disagree. We are ultimately talking about a triangle theroy anyway. Just opinions. No harm no foul.

IMHO:

The "now" Alvarez doesn't beat the "then" Floyd @ 154 either. Same with GGG. He doesn't beat "then" Floyd @ 154 and no doubt in my mind GGG performs worst than Canello.

Maybe 40 year old Floyd loses.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
                      Canelo was in his prime when he fought Floyd. Stop with this too green bull****, because that what is, bull****. Oscar's protege got schooled and embarrassed by a past prime welterweight. Oscar needed an excuse to rationalize how his star fighter could be so thoroughly beaten by a much smaller and older fighter. Canelo is still the same fighter he was a few years. You saw him barely squeak past Lara and Trout. You saw him badly whiffing on punches when he fought Khan of all people. Fact is if what we've seen the past few years is "prime Canelo" then he's still "too green" to ever compete with Floyd.

I don't know why it's so hard for people too accept this dude is a good fighter, but not a great fighter. This "too green" excuse carries the implications that Canelo has become a much better fighter, which is laughable. He will never beat any version of Floyd. He's not built like that. He wouldn't even be the favorite to beat current 40 yr old Floyd despite the two year layoff and y'all know it.
                      Alvarez was prime at 23? Hell no. Prime was when he was 27 schooling Hamed (Barrera) ... didn't Alvarez just turn 27?

Comment

Working...
                      X