No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to gain speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best way to gain speed?

I need to gain more speed specially with my jabs and uppercuts. What's the best drill or exercise?(other than the speed bag)

Just hit the bag, tens of thousands of times, always use 16 oz gloves.
    Use proper technique and the speed will come.
    In your head, already picture yourself doing the combo really fast, and then do it te exact same way.

Comment

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
      I need to gain more speed specially with my jabs and uppercuts. What's the best drill or exercise?(other than the speed bag)
      jabs and uppercuts

Comment

You have to chase a chicken.

Which I hear is what Pacquiao has been doing for some time now.

Comment

A-side meth. Practice using 5 pound weights......when you have on regular gloves, you'll punch like lightning

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            You have to chase a chicken.

Which I hear is what Pacquiao has been doing for some time now.
            that's in Rocky

Comment

Speed is nothing without accuracy! You can be fast, but if you Can't hit your target you have nothing! Double end bags helps to improve accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
                Speed is nothing without accuracy! You can be fast, but if you Can't hit your target you have nothing! Double end bags helps to improve accuracy.

Accuracy I have trust on me on that but, its my speed I need to improve. I'm not slow, I would say I have average speed. All I need is more speed to go inside do a combo, then backout quickly before I get caught with a counter.

Comment

Step 1: Find yerself a drug dealer.

Step 2: Pay teh man!

Comment

Lots of things help speed heavy bag work, target mitts are real good for that too, of course the speed bag, sparring, shadow boxing it all improves speed. Stick with it work hard youre speed will get better

Comment

Working...
                    X