No announcement yet.

No Idea How Some Folks Score A Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    I thought he won 7 and possibly 8 just as he contends.

I don't give points simply for coming forward.

You have to land effective punches when you do so also.

In my opinion, Golovkin did not land a lot of effective punches even if he touched Saul a little more most rounds.

The best, cleanest, hard punches where invariably landed by Canelo, and he landed more of them.
    Dude he used his jab. GTFOH. You don't win a fight because you landed a punch here and there. The guy faded in the later rounds. When you have corrupt judges giving you a 118-110 score you know the fix was in! Your boy lost he fight and the majority had it for golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Canelo's aggression wasn't effective...

How can it be effective if Golovkin kept marching forward and outworking him?

You aren't the first to claim no-one else knows how to score a fight because it differs from your own view, and sadly you won't be the last
      I didn't score Effective Aggression for Canelo. He fought a defensive type of fight, looking to counter.

I didn't score it for Golovkin either, since his aggression was not very effective, unless you call effective missing most of what you throw- and getting countered often- when you have your opponent backed against the ropes.

Coming forward and throwing more punches is not enough.

You have to land those punches and they have to be effective.

That is not what I saw.

What I saw is a lot of missing and blocked punches.

Comment

It isn't rocket science, folks.

4 Criteria:

Ring Generalship
        Effective Aggression
        Defense
        Hard Clean Punches

I gave Golovkin Ring Generalship. He dictated the pace and how the fight was fought. But, it is the only one of the 4 criteria he won.

Canelo was not aggressive, seeking to move and counter. But, while Golovkin did cut the ring off beautifully all night, there often was zero payoff when he trapped Canelo on the ropes. I think this was the biggest factor in the fight. Golovkin had mixed results at best when he got Canelo where he wanted him.

When it comes to Defense, it isn't close. Saul constantly thwarted Golovkin when Gennady got close, blocking most of what Golovkin threw, and rolling most of what got thru. By contrast, it seemed that Canelo could flurry and throw in combination whenever he got ready- granted, there were rounds where he did not throw as much as he should have.

Hard Clean Punches was won far and away by Canelo. The fact that Golovkin walked right thru most of them doesn't mean you do not score them. And while Golovkin did land some heavy shots of his own, they were not as clean as Saul's shots nor did they come as often as Canelos. Gennady did display an pretty effective jab at times, but it was also often superfluous as Canelo was moving away too much of the time for it to score as landed.

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Canelo.

Saul won rounds 1 thru 4, round 6, and the championship rounds 11 and 12.

I had Golovkin taking 5, and rounds 7 thru 10.

3 of the rounds I gave Golovkin (5,7, and 10) were close enough to have been scored the other way.

Only one of the rounds I gave Canelo (4) might have gone for Golovkin.

My guess is in the rematch, Canelo will win a clear and wide decision.

One thing he can do is get in good enough shape to throw more punches more often- which I grant may be much harder than it sounds.

The other thing he can do is look to flurry, then tie up Golovkin more often, keeping things in the middle of the ring more.

P.S.- I can't help thinking that what Jacobs did to Golovkin is looking better all the time.

P.S. II- I know folks are up in arms over Adelaide Byrd's scorecard. 118-110 is absurd. But, that doesn't mean you could not score the fight for Canelo. If she had turned in a card of 115-113 for Saul, we would have the same result. Let's not get so carried away by what is clearly a corrupt or inept judge that we lose sight of the fact that, of the many possible outcomes, a draw was quite within the realm of acceptability.
        I had your card with 1 and 4 for Golovkin.

Comment

Adalaide...is that you??

Comment

It isn't rocket science, folks.

4 Criteria:

Ring Generalship
            Effective Aggression
            Defense
            Hard Clean Punches

I gave Golovkin Ring Generalship. He dictated the pace and how the fight was fought. But, it is the only one of the 4 criteria he won.

Canelo was not aggressive, seeking to move and counter. But, while Golovkin did cut the ring off beautifully all night, there often was zero payoff when he trapped Canelo on the ropes. I think this was the biggest factor in the fight. Golovkin had mixed results at best when he got Canelo where he wanted him.

When it comes to Defense, it isn't close. Saul constantly thwarted Golovkin when Gennady got close, blocking most of what Golovkin threw, and rolling most of what got thru. By contrast, it seemed that Canelo could flurry and throw in combination whenever he got ready- granted, there were rounds where he did not throw as much as he should have.

Hard Clean Punches was won far and away by Canelo. The fact that Golovkin walked right thru most of them doesn't mean you do not score them. And while Golovkin did land some heavy shots of his own, they were not as clean as Saul's shots nor did they come as often as Canelos. Gennady did display an pretty effective jab at times, but it was also often superfluous as Canelo was moving away too much of the time for it to score as landed.

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Canelo.

Saul won rounds 1 thru 4, round 6, and the championship rounds 11 and 12.

I had Golovkin taking 5, and rounds 7 thru 10.

3 of the rounds I gave Golovkin (5,7, and 10) were close enough to have been scored the other way.

Only one of the rounds I gave Canelo (4) might have gone for Golovkin.

My guess is in the rematch, Canelo will win a clear and wide decision.

One thing he can do is get in good enough shape to throw more punches more often- which I grant may be much harder than it sounds.

The other thing he can do is look to flurry, then tie up Golovkin more often, keeping things in the middle of the ring more.

P.S.- I can't help thinking that what Jacobs did to Golovkin is looking better all the time.

P.S. II- I know folks are up in arms over Adelaide Byrd's scorecard. 118-110 is absurd. But, that doesn't mean you could not score the fight for Canelo. If she had turned in a card of 115-113 for Saul, we would have the same result. Let's not get so carried away by what is clearly a corrupt or inept judge that we lose sight of the fact that, of the many possible outcomes, a draw was quite within the realm of acceptability.
            You had no idea at that other ****hole forum and you still have no idea I see, why am I not surprised nuffy

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              I had your card with 1 and 4 for Golovkin.
              Well within possibility.

I thought 4 was a close round that could have went either way.

I thought Canelo won the first round clearly tho.

Comment

Thank God this fight was a draw..That was the right call, have not scored this fight yet..It felt like a draw tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Thank God this fight was a draw..That was the right call, have not scored this fight yet..It felt like a draw tho..
                  Hard to give canelo 6 rounds. I had it 116-113. It was a close fight but canelo Alvarez didn't do enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                    You had no idea at that other ****hole forum and you still have no idea I see, why am I not surprised nuffy
                    Well thought out and impressively articulated response.

You get a case of beer for that one.

Comment

I had it 3 to 3 after 6...GGG 7-9 and Canelo 10-12...I had it a draw. People ignoring the body work

Comment

Working...
                      X