No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury's New Goal - Break Joe Louis' 25 Defense Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
    He broke the record of the only champion ever to retire without making a title defense.
    Good point, I wonder if that has ever happened before?

he seems like a good guy but he should just fight or shut the **** up

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      If he can get past Joshua & Wilder I think its NOT that f#cking crazy although it kinda is cuz its a big jump to think current Fury, who we don't really know who he is, can beat either of those guys let alone both. BUT if he did he's gonna have a solid path to attempting it.

Thing also is to he's shown himself to be mentally unstable so even if he gets past Joshua & Wilder who's to say he doesn't have a Oliver McCall moment in his 3rd defense vs Carlos Takam or some such sh^t like that?

So fair play to him for making a big goal like that & I'm rooting on the brother cuz I'm a fan & thought he was the best guy in the division in 2015 & if he can return to 2015 Fury he'll be that again. BUT I ain't betting on it. I'd bet against him getting past Wilder & Joshau + 3 defenses deep right now I think.

I dont know what's more crazy. Fury's ludicrous statement or the fact that you actually believe he could do it and even gives him credit for making a big goal. Fury's goal is so out of touch with reality you'd think he's mentally challenged.

Generally speaking I think it's a good thing to be a bit delusional but this is over the top delusional. No sane person can possibly believe Fury has a shot to become a champ and defend his belt 25 times.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        I dont know what's more crazy. Fury's ludicrous statement or the fact that you actually believe he could do it and even gives him credit for making a big goal. Fury's goal is so out of touch with reality you'd think he's mentally challenged.

Generally speaking I think it's a good thing to be a bit delusional but this is over the top delusional. No sane person can possibly believe Fury has a shot to become a champ and defend his belt 25 times.
        This was the bottom line of what I said.

"BUT I ain't betting on it. I'd bet against him getting past Wilder & Joshua + 3 defenses deep right now I think."

The fact you misunderstood that or don't understand this HW division ain't all that impressive after Joshua & Wilder isn't at all crazy to me cuz I know the average IQ here is ****** level.

But I have seen all sorts of crazy sh^t in boxing so if Tyson Fury did get his sh^t together to back when I & others believed he was the best guy in the division by a fair amount + he keeps his sh^t together that means that if he could get past Joshua & Wilder he probably gots a 10 defense run, at a minimum, with the guys out here now. And then it'd just be about all the guys on the come up now, how good they are & how Fury aged.

And everyone should have goals. Thats basic sh^t. And if you don't got some goals that make you nervous or seem a lil crazy odds are you ain't gonna do sh^t in life. Plus lets not forget Fury is already a cat who when he wasn't sh^t said he'd be HW champion & that seemed f#cking nuts at one point & he accomplished that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          With a big layoff slap bang in his prime due to WWII
          Very good point. Without the intrusion of WWII Louis may have racked up 35 or more defenses. Of course there is no way of knowing this, but the possibility certainly existed.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Very good point. Without the intrusion of WWII Louis may have racked up 35 or more defenses. Of course there is no way of knowing this, but the possibility certainly existed.
            Im inclined to think that he may have broken down younger if he had fought continuously through that period. But there is definitely potential for more defences than he got.

He was looking like an absolute animal just before the war aswell. The youthful explosiveness coupled with the ring craft of his later years. I think we missed out on some brilliant performances from Louis in that period.

Comment

Fury keeps talking, talking and MORE talking, but he's been out since late 2015 and that's by personal issues, for not being a real athlete, a real disciplined person, just being an extremely gifted boxer with zero discipline to be a full-time star.

I WANNA SEE HIM CHALLENGE AND DEFEAT DEONTAY WILDER, WHOM I DETEST FOR HIS BIG MOUTH and thinking he is better than Mike Tyson was --yeah right-- and that everybody is "afraid" of him, when I have never seen him challenge Joshua o Fury himself to fight them IN THE UK. If he wants them Briton stars to go to the US he is a big mouth coward, that simple.

Challenge that loud mouth Wilder, fight him anywhere, show him who is the man, willing to go to the US with the risk of getting robbed by the judges AND THEN, ONLY THEN, will Tyson become credible, not just another big mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                This was the bottom line of what I said.

"BUT I ain't betting on it. I'd bet against him getting past Wilder & Joshua + 3 defenses deep right now I think."

The fact you misunderstood that or don't understand this HW division ain't all that impressive after Joshua & Wilder isn't at all crazy to me cuz I know the average IQ here is ****** level.

But I have seen all sorts of crazy sh^t in boxing so if Tyson Fury did get his sh^t together to back when I & others believed he was the best guy in the division by a fair amount + he keeps his sh^t together that means that if he could get past Joshua & Wilder he probably gots a 10 defense run, at a minimum, with the guys out here now. And then it'd just be about all the guys on the come up now, how good they are & how Fury aged.

And everyone should have goals. Thats basic sh^t. And if you don't got some goals that make you nervous or seem a lil crazy odds are you ain't gonna do sh^t in life. Plus lets not forget Fury is already a cat who when he wasn't sh^t said he'd be HW champion & that seemed f#cking nuts at one point & he accomplished that.

I didn't misunderstand. Even though you bet againt him, you still don't rule out Fury completely. I'm not going to give him credit for having 100% ******ed goals. Not fought for almost three years and he's talking about coming back to boxing and breaking Joe Louis record, it seems more like he's trolling. Even if he gets himself together, there's absolutely no way he'll fight three times a year for almost a decade. The only way to describe his latest statement is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  I didn't misunderstand. Even though you bet againt him, you still don't rule out Fury completely.
                  Cuz crazy sh^t happens in boxing & IF Fury can be 2015 Fury again I don't see anyone in this landscape that can beat him. So at that point its about who's next...and odds are always wide that its no one crazy cuz there have been fewer super talented HW's history than maybe any other division with as many cats in it as the HW division.

I'm not going to give him credit for having 100% ******ed goals.
                  His goal of being HW champion was "******ed". Ali & SRL & Floyd & Manny & tons of guys who've done amazing things in boxing or outside of boxing have had "******ed" goals. I don't see a problem with having "******ed" goals. Like I said usually, in my experience, mfers that don't have "******ed" goals don't even achieve basic sh^t.

Fair play to you for your opinion. I just disagree its a bad thing somehow.

Comment

Working...
                  X