Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long has Jay Deas been in Boxing? Who else has he trained or been involved with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    Watch that vid I posted Rexy... that chit is almost criminally negligent on Deas' part. Wrong on so many levels. It seems these folks have been getting by purely on Wilder's big punch alone for years now.

They have
    Nothing much else really
    I was saying fight night that he didn’t even know how to hold properly

Comment

Think you're right about Deas winning the lottery with Wilder. Appears to offer very little as a coach, I've spent a couple of hours trying to find out more about his coaching methodology, and it ain't pretty. From what I understand he was a crime reporter who one day, in his 20s, decided that his true calling was becoming a Boxing trainer/promoter/manager. Only other fighters I can find who he at least managed are Earl Monroe (10-2-3), and Tim Mitchell (10-3), a pair of Alabama club fighters.
      Pretty sure he also trains Wilder's brother.

Says all you need to know.

Comment

This was painful to watch lol

Comment

Jay Deas isnt a world class trainer. Mark Breland was a great amateur but he isnt an experienced trainer either.

Fury looked like crap with Ben Davison then upgraded to the Kronk style. Wilder should upgrade his training team as well.

Comment

Lol Wilder doesn't even keep his guard up when hitting the pads. If this guy was a good trainer he would have hit Wilder with the glove to warn him to keep his right hand up.

Comment

I'm repeating myself here, but I believe when Breland threw in the towel he saved Wilder not only from getting beat up but from Deas as well. Jay Deas told Wilder going into the 6th or 7th to back Fury up then let the right hand loose. That night Fury could have made a steamroller back up and there was no chance, a 0% chance that Wilder, bleeding from his mouth and ear, twice knocked down and gassed out was going to make Fury back up.

Deas, Breland, and Wilder did as they've done for the past 42 fights and it's worked for them until it hasn't. It's the old 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach and I fine with that however now it is broke and it's time to fix it. Getting rid of Breland or intimidating him into a yes man isn't fixing Deontay Wilder.

Comment

It’s funny they were practicing for fury backpedaling, being on the ropes and in the corner.

Comment

I've had a few hours sleep, and this chit is hilarious. Eddie Hearn should put a video out of him training AJ like this...

Comment

He fought Joe Frazier once on the Simpsons. I think that's the extent of his boxing experience.

Comment

What the fook is this? Imitating Tyson Fury, really? Reminds me more of the drunken old men fighting outside the local pub on the weekend. So cringeworthy, and no wonder Deontay has shown very little improvement over the years, if this is the level of his training.
                      The fact that Dias gets 15% of the purse is downright ****ing CRIMINAL.

Comment

Working...
                      X