Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Horn P4P no. 8 and best Welterweight by BoxRec !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Somebody at Boxrec must live in Brisbane.
    nope he just gain alot of points from pacman ,its computer

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk about that. I think Porter schools him & stops him & idk that he's top 5 right now. I like Brook against him even with his robot face. I think Danny beats him & honestly Horn woulda fit right into Garcia's schedule in between Matthysse & Thurman when he fought a lot of bs guys. I even think lower level guys like Algieri & Jessie Vargas, previous Manny victims, have competitive fights with him if not beat him.

Not impressed with Horn at all boxing skills-wise. He showed good stamina & a willingness to go for broke vs a superior opponent, but beyond that & being a bigger, younger guy last night I think Horn is going to be a Buster Douglas here today, gone tomorrow type title holder who peaked last night. Its all downhill from here. Or at least after a rematch with Manny if that is what happens.
      Porter schooling anybody is blowing my mind ,that would be heeluva fight doe ,Horn is all wrong for Danny ,he was walked down by peterson ,Horn is relentless ,he would beat danny up.Thurman and spence are out of range.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Porter schooling anybody is blowing my mind ,that would be heeluva fight doe ,Horn is all wrong for Danny ,he was walked down by peterson ,Horn is relentless ,he would beat danny up.Thurman and spence are out of range.
        I think people underestimated Horn too much. I thought that this kid would just be a slow plodding Margarito type of opponent because of how he looked on his past fights but he surprised me how fast and awkward he is. He has a huge gas tank also.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          LOL I love boxrec, but yea this is one of the failings of a computer program. The scariest part of that isn't even he's #8 P4P cuz I think P4P is bs. The really scary part is he's the #1 147lber now & I think most of the top ten straight murders this guy.
          The p4p ranking is bs but I can understand his welter ranking. It's pretty obvious, he beat Pac. Its like Bradley all those years ago, regardless of the decision, I could see why he would be ranked one (if he was).

Personally, he slots into the top 3 slot behind Thurman and Spence.

I honestly don't think anyone at welter beats Horn so easily.

Comment

Boxrec is a points system, if you beat someone you get some of their points. Manny Pacquiao had a lot of points. Why is this so hard to understand

Comment

Well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                I think people underestimated Horn too much. I thought that this kid would just be a slow plodding Margarito type of opponent because of how he looked on his past fights but he surprised me how fast and awkward he is. He has a huge gas tank also.
                yes he is very akward ,way he moves and this right lead is very good ,nice punch selection,imo he should go for Berto or Garcia now.

Comment

Originally posted by SalimShady1212 View Post
                  Boxrec is a points system, if you beat someone you get some of their points. Manny Pacquiao had a lot of points. Why is this so hard to understand
                  Yeah this was to be expected from BoxRec.

Pacquiao had the 2nd most points of any active boxer on BoxRec, and Jeff Horn won on paper. Of course his score was going to shoot up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    How about Broner vs Horn? What are the chances are? Broner panics alot during pressure.
                    Broner is one of those guys, like Wilder to me, although for entirely different reasons, that I think could lose to a lot of guys. So while my inclination would be to say Broner wins cuz he's the superior fighter, logically I know Broner doesn't have his head on straight so him losing to any top 20ish guy wouldn't be shocking at all to me.

And yea Horn would likely put a uncomfortable amount of pressure on Broner which has proved to be a problem for him in general, but in particular in his two previous losses. So it is an unfavorable style matchup, but I believe Horn is much poorer at effective pressure fighting then Maidana & Porter so who knows.

And thats why I mentioned Porter, Brook, Garcia, Algieri & Vargas & not Broner lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      I'm not surprised people are acting like Horn is some force at the elite level at 147 today cuz whatever you think of the decision he performed to his max ability vs a future HOFer & even if you think he lost he did well with what he has & made it a competitive & hard fight for Manny. That said I anxiously await seeing you guys posting today about Horn like he's the man in 12-18 months when a lot of you guys acting like he's a force at 147 are calling him a bum cuz he took a L or two.

In the meantime I'll be the guy downplaying him today & hyping him 12-18 months from now.

Comment

Working...
                      X