No announcement yet.

Questions about Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Mike Tyson

Did Mike Tyson get a massive neck from doing exercises or is his neck naturally that big. I have Googled photos of him now and his neck seems quite normal, is that just body/muscle decay that comes with old age?

Also he has quite big biceps naturally without having to workout.

It’s mostly genetics for him. Most 15 year old kids never look like tyson did. He has a special gene that some people and animals have that makes you naturally have that type of muscle mass. Cows dogs chimps and other animals are known to carry gene. You can see this in a few people today, i believe there is a german kid woth the same condition. Hes not the size now because hes not wprkong out as well as the heavy detrimental effects hard drugs can have on your testosterone/hormone production which he did alot of. I work in the biology department at utsa and have seen the research. Not on tyson but on these abnormalities, if i had to guess he had that gene because you cant take steroids and have that effect especially in the 70s/80s whn he was young and roids were hitting the market

Comment

Thanks for the information HeavyHands420, is it true that Mike Tyson had short arms which made him more explosive with his punches or is that a myth?

*How do you give thumbs up or like an answer*

Comment

I did read somewhere once he did a lot of neck exercises, and have seen a training montage where he's doing a bunch of neck bridges in a ring.

Comment

neck started average sized but he trained it huge it blows my mind why every boxer doesn't have a neck like this but thats boxing for you its slow , lagging behind

part of why tyson was so big so young is because cus fed him very well and he was training every day ,saw a documentary of tyson eating at the table they fed him up

most kids that age are masturbating in the shed and playing tomb raider but if u fed them a muscular high calorie diet and they worked out everyday im sure ud be impressed at their gains too

its SOOOO easy to insert GENETICS as a plausible answer to cover everything you see in the boxing world and come off as smart, but most of the time its used and seems right, its wrong

obviously Tyson is a mesomorph and a short stocky one at that so he will fill out fast but many kids can I had a small white kid in my school fill out fast like tyson cause he started weights/bodybuilding early

also stop trolling

also what you guys are doing mentally is seeing tyson age 14 then looking at urself age 14 and thinking its must be genetics or fearing its genetics or thinking subconsciously (wo rational mind to see it) that i didnt workout at 14 so Tyson didnt so its genetics

he wouldnt have been that way without lots of calories and lots of resistance exercises , and any 1/many can get big with those 2things even young kids going through puberty

ITS NOT GENETICS - AlexKid
          Last edited by AlexKid; 10-09-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            neck started average sized but he trained it huge it blows my mind why every boxer doesn't have a neck like this but thats boxing for you its slow , lagging behind

part of why tyson was so big so young is because cus fed him very well and he was training every day ,saw a documentary of tyson eating at the table they fed him up

most kids that age are masturbating in the shed and playing tomb raider but if u fed them a muscular high calorie diet and they worked out everyday im sure ud be impressed at their gains too

its SOOOO easy to insert GENETICS as a plausible answer to cover everything you see in the boxing world and come off as smart, but most of the time its used and seems right, its wrong

obviously Tyson is a mesomorph and a short stocky one at that so he will fill out fast but many kids can I had a small white kid in my school fill out fast like tyson cause he started weights/bodybuilding early

also stop trolling

also what you guys are doing mentally is seeing tyson age 14 then looking at urself age 14 and thinking its must be genetics or fearing its genetics or thinking subconsciously (wo rational mind to see it) that i didnt workout at 14 so Tyson didnt so its genetics

he wouldnt have been that way without lots of calories and lots of resistance exercises , and any 1/many can get big with those 2things even young kids going through puberty

ITS NOT GENETICS - AlexKid
            It could absolutely be genetics. I had kids in my high school way back, around that age, that were shredded - six pack and all - and never once trained in a gym, also ate like animals and never put on weight (as in fat weight). Not sure if that lasted, Im sure it didnt, but I was amazed back then.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              It could absolutely be genetics. I had kids in my high school way back, around that age, that were shredded - six pack and all - and never once trained in a gym, also ate like animals and never put on weight (as in fat weight). Not sure if that lasted, Im sure it didnt, but I was amazed back then.
              I wish I had those types of genetics lol.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Well obviously not since he WAS training everyday and eating lots

Comment

You can't isolate the neck with any real success. You'll get a thick neck either as a byproduct of compound exercises (shrugs, presses, pulls, etc) or because you're genetically inclined.

Most lose neck muscle as they age, while gaining neck fat.

Comment

As already mentioned, Tyson did a lot of neck bridges. An exercise used by wrestlers as well to strengthen the neck.

Comment

Working...
                    X