Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: If Golovkin Will Face Floyd at 154, Then Face Canelo at 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Boxing uses weight divisions bro.....

Middleweight
    Jnr Middleweight
    Welterweight

http://boxrec.com/

Their last weights.....

159 - Golovkin
    155 - Canelo
    146 - Mayweather

Come on man !
    What does that have to do with Canelo? He doesn't fight in a real division and hasn't in YEARS.

He literally sets his weight division at the lowest weight he can cut to. Whatever he can cut to that's his division. Couldn't make 154 anymore but wasn't good enough to be a middleweight. Invented 155.

Still weighs more than Gennady in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Thats a lot more friendly tone than "I cant believe the ignorance" and "throw the rest of your argument out the window". Im not sure why you were offended, I never even addressed you. You were the one coming at me calling me ignorant for not seeing the greed factor.

Its interesting that you expect Golovkin to donate to retired boxers and brain research. I hope you are asking fighters like Manny and Floyd to donate their earnings, which far surpass Gennady, to make the same donations. Maybe Canelo can donate some of his earnings against a welterweight for the middleweight belt to research.

As far as Gennadys net worth, it wasnt that hard to search and find out. But I'll give you a link anyway.
      http://www.the-net-worth.com/2016/03/gennady-golovkin/
      Did I say I EXPECT GGG to donate to anyone/anything? Let alone saying any other boxers to be EXPECTED to do that? Friend, you're reading a lot into it if you do. And as for the site, like they say at the bottom of the page... "We don't guarantee accuracy and recency of presented data." I'm sure the guy is doing well, but I doubt he's at the 25 mil level, at least yet. He will be though, if he just wakes up and realizes money doesn't grow on trees, especially when he's 50 something, his then cranky wife has divorced him and taken him for a bunch of moolah, or maybe he can only train Russian fighters because no one else can understand WTF he's saying, etc etc. Ha

Anyway, lotta stuff happens and you can never prepare too much for it. Funny how life gets in the way of living life. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        No ID rather Alvarez got destroyed in the ring, but a strippage is 2nd best for such a lousy paper champ.

There's nothing wrong with fighting a 2x, former unified, lineal Sww champ at Sww, dumb****. It's nothing like unifying 3 MW belts + lineal at 155. Get it, ******?
        Oscar was the MW champ, B-Hop was the MW champ, they "made it happen" in a catch-weight fight! That's what champs do! Floyd asked for a catch-weight, Canelo manned-up for the challenge! That's what champs do! Let's see what GGG does?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          And Kahn has nothing to do with it?

Would be the same if it was John Molina facing Nelo?
          If Khan was fighting Thurman, Garcia, or Brook, he would not be making $13 Million. It's because he's fighting Canelo on PPV, and Khan's getting a decent cut of the PPV. GGG probably hasn't seen $13 million if you added up his last 5 fights. That's the difference Canelo can make. If GGG were smart, he would be looking to fight Canelo at least twice before he retires!

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            . And like I've said before, even if you hate the money, keep collecting it and donate it to Alzheimers Research, or to the fund for retired boxers.
            My apologies for misinterpreting your post. Maybe I should replace the word "expect" with the word "suggest".

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Canelo isn't really in a good position.

If Canelo stands firm about his 155 CW and vacate, he will have to go down to 154 and rehydrate one more harsh pound, fight guys like Lara and Charlo bros.

But the fight with GGG would still be there since he touched that 160 green belt.

I do believe GGG is a big draw, his numbers with guys like Wade are just crazy, he just hasn't been able to prove it on PPV.

If GGG beat Saunders in the UK, he'll be bigger than Nelo in UK/Europe.
              Then a win over Jacob would solidify his status in USA.
              HBO would maybe make a PPV for one of those 2 fights.

He would be definitely bigger than Nelo worlwide.
              Having the 4 belts and 2 solid wins would give GGG big press and leverage.

The worst thing is Canelo would be probably better, in better shape at 160, I mean, if this guy is really rehydrating 20 pounds like reported, he's just losing energy making 155.
              That's a point I've made myself in other threads. If Canelo fights GGG he won't try to move and be illusive ... he can't fight like that. And he wouldn't have to chase Golovkin down either.

What Canelo would do vs Golovkin is stand his ground and counter punch. Weighing in at 160 instead of 155 is bound to make him more effective and more dangerous in a fight like that.

Who knows, Canelo at 160lbs might just be the man to give GGG a real test, possibly even beat him. He is the bigger of the two men. Basic common sense tells you that a higher weight limit benefits a bigger man more than a smaller.

Canelo vs Golovkin at 160lbs is the fight that all real boxing fans should be calling for. Lets see the 2 best middleweights in the world go head to head at 100% strength and fitness and find out who is the A side in the ring, not at the negotiating table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                He fought Trout before he fought Floyd.

He weighed in at 153 1/2 lbs at the weigh in against Trout.

The fight was at the 154 limit.

Struggling my ass.
                He fought Angulo after Floyd. He couldn't make 154 for Angulo and asked for the weight limit to be increased to 155.

That was 3 years ago and he hasn't tried to make 154 since then.

Canelo is a middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Here... I'll just re-post these 2 comments. If you're still too dense to realize only a fool would pass-up THAT kind of money, you and GGG deserve each other. You can try to get by paying the bills with your precious 'principle' when you're both old men...

Because when you grow up you'll realize, anyone would be extremely lucky to get an opportunity for a $5-10 mil paycheck in their life. And anyone would be an ignorant fool to pass it up. When you're 50-60-70 years old you may wake up and realize the truth in that. Or you may just go to your grave still being a fool. I did some foolish things when I was younger that I regret now. Everyone does. It takes a real fool to make stupid decisions about money at the level GGG is at. Notice I made NO mention of his accomplishments. THAT doesn't feking matter, Mr Steel Plated Head. And even if he'd consider it 'tainted money', so what? He could just donate his portion to Alzheimers Research. Go find a tree in your back yard to talk principle to. That makes as much sense as pizzing away a huge paycheck. 'Principle' won't pay the bills when you're an old man struggling to get by.

I can't believe the ignorance. MONEY is NUMBER ONE. Principle is #2. Like I said recently, principle won't pay the bills when you're an old man struggling to get by. Dig?? Take the rest of your 'argument' and throw it out the window, because it means zero when a once-in-a-lifetime huge paycheck is waved in your face.

GGG can STILL have a career AFTER the Canelo fight. This wouldn't somehow ruin him for life. Maybe in your eyes... but you're just acting like a fool in the minority. Maybe you're not even bright enough to realize the depth of this being a business first and foremost.
                  I said your post was stupid as well as cynical, and whoops ... you did it again!

Even if boxing was all about business and neither pride nor competitive instinct came into it at all, selling three world titles for one good payday is NOT good business!

Even if Golovkin was paid $10 million for losing to Canelo, he would end up making less money over the next 3 years than he would make by picking up the WBC belt by default then going on to a huge 4 belt unification fight with Saunders or Eubank Jr in the UK, then defending all 4 titles against the likes of Jacobs, Lara, etc, in the US.

Would anybody not make Golovkin a big favourite to win all those possible match-ups, and would anybody (except you) be stupid enough to think he could make make more money from one fight with Canelo than from all them, and more, put together?

Then you factor in the loss of income from endorsements, advertising and sponsorships that he would suffer if he threw away his titles and went back to the "high risk, low reward" category he was stuck in for so many years before he picked up his first championship belt.

Boxing is indeed a business. And you, my punchy friend, seem incapable of understanding what a complicated business it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Ward said he was joking. It wasn't a serious statement.
                    Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    lol...it was a joke doe.

I didn't know Ward was such a hell of a funny guy, it was a really funny joke.

I'm actually rolling on the floor.
                    http://www.examiner.com/article/andr...ight-at-160lbs

Ward stated on the social networks – "Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!!!"

Lil Floyd took it seriously:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14046.html

FM: "Man, listen, I mean, like I said before, saying prayers is not a bad thing, you know what I'm saying? Believing in God is not a bad thing at all, but they get to a point where these fighters be feeling like God got certain sides and things like that. That's not true. We're all equal under God's eyes. Like I said before, these fighters be killing me with all this S.O.G., man. I don't really know Andre Ward. I don't have anything negative or bad to say about Andre Ward. Nothing against him, and like I said before, anybody has a right to call themselves whatever name they want to call themselves. He calls himself S.O.G. If I'm not mistaken, that stands for Son of God. Last time I checked, we're all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don't choose sides. What's going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out. Listen man, if you're going to be a pastor, go to church. If you're going to be a reverend, go to church. If you're going to be a boxer, be a boxer. I mean, one minute, they want to say all this S.O.G. stuff, and the next minute, they wanna go put tattoos on they body. I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing. I say a prayer that my opponent lives to fight another day and I live to fight another day. You got these guys trying to hurt a man on Saturday and then going to praise the Lord on Sunday."

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      http://www.examiner.com/article/andr...ight-at-160lbs

Ward stated on the social networks – "Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!!!"

Lil Floyd took it seriously:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14046.html

FM: "Man, listen, I mean, like I said before, saying prayers is not a bad thing, you know what I'm saying? Believing in God is not a bad thing at all, but they get to a point where these fighters be feeling like God got certain sides and things like that. That's not true. We're all equal under God's eyes. Like I said before, these fighters be killing me with all this S.O.G., man. I don't really know Andre Ward. I don't have anything negative or bad to say about Andre Ward. Nothing against him, and like I said before, anybody has a right to call themselves whatever name they want to call themselves. He calls himself S.O.G. If I'm not mistaken, that stands for Son of God. Last time I checked, we're all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don't choose sides. What's going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out. Listen man, if you're going to be a pastor, go to church. If you're going to be a reverend, go to church. If you're going to be a boxer, be a boxer. I mean, one minute, they want to say all this S.O.G. stuff, and the next minute, they wanna go put tattoos on they body. I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing. I say a prayer that my opponent lives to fight another day and I live to fight another day. You got these guys trying to hurt a man on Saturday and then going to praise the Lord on Sunday."
                      You left out the best part...when Floyd said Ward cant fill his own living room for a fight...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X