• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        It will be interesting to see.

I'm very curious if the European polls are as skewed/fake as the US polls were. We know the character assassination role is being played by the European press to demonize the populist/patriotic candidates like was done to Trump by the US press.

That said, a few key elections over there are upcoming, so we'll know where the people there stand soon enough.
        I'm predicting the AFD will win in Germany and Le Pen will win in France. The German media is trying to push Schultz on the public since its clear that most hate Merkel but I dont think people are buying it over here. He's basically the same thing as Merkel but a male and a new face so they are claiming he will be "fresh" and push the country in "the right direction". I don't think the Germans are falling for it though.

Comment

Here in Australia, we don't have the same problem to the same degree.

But there are people in our community who seem hell bent on making sure that we do get the same problems.

I'm not against immigration, not at all. However we need social cohesion. If immigrants act in a way that hurts social cohesion, then it needs to be fixed - and by fixed, I mean that they need to stop doing whatever it is that they are doing which is causing the problem.

We have had this failed policy in Australia, called the 'multicultural society'. This basically means that immigrants who come over are encouraged to keep their home culture - meaning that they set up in locations en masse, keep to themselves, act in ways totally abhorrent to the average Australian, and soon you can't read the road signs in those areas because they are all in vietnamese etc.

We have problems with child marriages because fundamentalist muslims live in their own little countries within a country, doing whatever the hell they want to do.

We need to stop, reset, and do things very differently. Australia should not be a 'multicultural society' any more. We need one, single cultural identity, and if anyone wants to live here they need to be a good fit with it. We need to entrench secularism much more comprehensively. We need to let people know that their cultural law and customs are bottom of the pile when compared to Australian law.
          We need to stop bending over backwards to make the country fit the people who want to live here. It needs to be the other way around. A country can't bend, but people can. A country can't leave and find somewhere more suitable for it - but people can.

The thing is that no politicians here can do anything about it. At one extreme you would have the regressives opening the flood gates and letting everyone in, and acting like all we need is tolerance of barbaric people and they will somehow stop committing atrocities. On the other extreme you have the nationalist ultra conservatives who would rather murder a foreigner than let them set foot on our soil.

Yeah, humanity is basically screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post

Trump had some decent guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Trump had some decent guns.
              your second amendment is safe with donald pump.

Comment

Working...
              X