Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Williams Not Impressed With Adonis Stevenson's Run of Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Williams Not Impressed With Adonis Stevenson's Run of Wins

BoxingScene.com's Jake Donovan recently reported that a fight between WBC light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson (27-1, 22KOs) and Thomas Williams Jr. (20-1, 14KOs) was close to being made for July 16th in Canada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think virtually everyone agrees with Thomas Williams Jr.

Comment

He's right, and makes good points about Stevenson's strengths/weaknesses. The problem for Williams is that even though he hits hard, he looks to have less power and a worse chin than Stevenson, and it's hard to believe it won't turn into a firefight given the way he's fought recently.

Comment

Can Stevenson fight in the US?

Comment

Gotta respect Williams for walking into a firefight. This probably won't end well for him, but I suspect he drops Stevenson at least once. No way it won't be a fun fight for fans.

Comment

Everyone who knows boxing agrees that Stevenson is a piece of **** anyway. Irrelevant since he joined Haymon and about to retire and becoming a disgraceful pimp again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think virtually everyone agrees with Thomas Williams Jr.
              i think stevenson isn't that easy to hit. and is athletic.

his offense is all left hand shots though.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
                i think stevenson isn't that easy to hit. and is athletic.

his offense is all left hand shots though.
                I wasn't talking about anything Thomas might have said in the article about his chances of winning. I was talking about the headline "Not impressed with Adonis Stevenson's run of wins".

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I wasn't talking about anything Thomas might have said in the article about his chances of winning. I was talking about the headline "Not impressed with Adonis Stevenson's run of wins".
                  well that we can all agree on. ill give him credit for dawson since he was a huge underdog. but a huge * beside it. cloud was a bad styles matchup for cloud. bellew was a bit intresting and it wasnt a bad fight to take. but those are his best fights and they got worse. bika... some russian..karpency... even fontana was a weak fight and he lost 3 or 4 rounds.

williams follows the line of bad fights. Al probably made as much money with stevenson as possible. he'll put stevenson vs Kovalev or beterbiev when stevenson is ready to retire to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Everyone who knows boxing agrees that Stevenson is a piece of **** anyway. Irrelevant since he joined Haymon and about to retire and becoming a disgraceful pimp again.
                    Pretty sure you don't have to "know boxing" to attack someones personal life.

Comment

Working...
                    X