Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do yall want Floyd to lose his 0 so much?what will u gain from it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
    Some Floyd-hate comes from people saying he's the GOAT. It's like the people saying Wladimir Klitschko is the best of all time and only fools and racists don't recognize it. (Or people saying Pac was the best of all time.)

Floyd is very good. A HOFer, and ATG but too many of his fans make him out to be the best evah.

I think Floyd would have had a better career if he had been given a loss to Castillo and then was willing to have more fights, and cleared out divisions, to "prove" himself even more.

An "0" means nothing (or relatively little). Who's considered to be the best fighters ever? SRR,Hank Armstrong, Harry Greb, Sam Langford, Willie Pep: they all have losses. So do Mohammad Ali, Joe Louis, SRL, Roberto Duran, Pernell Whittacker.

The quest to keep a "0" might actually have hurt Floyd's career path.
    A lot of what these people are basing it off is what they've seen in their generation. Naturally people are going to associate who ever is great at there time as the greatest ever because that's all they really know It's like the whole Jordan vs Lebron argument in basketball. For me I grew up watching SRL, Hagler, Duran, etc... but my most memorable moments were watching fighters like Sweet Pea and Roy Jones Jr.

I heard and agree that Sugar Ray Robinson was great along with Joe Louis, Ali, and Foreman. I respect their acomplishments but it doesn't ring the same with me because it wasn't in my era. I'm a big Floyd fan and he's a great fighter, but he doesn't hold a candle to a prime Roy Jones to me.

Is Floyd great, absolutely. Is he the greatest, to me it depends on your era.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      yall praise for the day to come when Floyd loses and yall dont even realize what ur doing to urselves, ur praying for something that will never happen.yall are actually buildng fighters up for Floyd to school and teach lessons too.Canelo was supposed to beat Floyd and when he didnt yall got real quiet lmao.yall need to get a grip on your lifes.praing for another mans downfall. Ill give you a challegen Give me 1 good thing that would come from the biggest star in boxing losing?and most importantly how does it benefit you? what do yall get from it? yall are the ones paying to see him lose,but yall dont seem to realize that if he lost nothing would come of it,he would still be a PPV star attraction and would still sell more PPVS then sleepiao.The worst thing about the hate is that it's passing on too Broner.Yall saw the potential in him becoming the next Floyd and it scared you lmao.No matter how many face first brawlers yall send there way they gonna keep racking up them wins and keep getting that paper.Take another shot of haterade.we gonna be here a minute.
      It's not his "0".

What matters to me is that he should fight the best, at their best, when it matters the most. That's what great boxers do.

He rarely does it and that is why I criticize him.

Comment

If he wins he wins and if he loses he loses. For me its a sport i love but its not life or death.

Comment

I wonder why he got banned? Lets see... Oh yeah its a troll account.

Comment

backed floyd for years. changed my mind after seeing pac get ktfo. i dont like seeing anyone retire undefeated. its not some deeprooted hate. i love the sport more than any one fighter, and i would almost feel robbed of that moment. those vivid memories that live forever. getting to see him and his body language and see how he takes it. if he fights again after a loss and if so, how does he rebound. i also want it because it would not affect his legacy to me in the slightest. i recognize the greatness. but there's nothing like those handful of fights you will remember everything about till the day you die. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to picture my face and reaction when anderson silva or pacquiao went to sleep, for a very long time.

Comment

I want him to lose because then he can't go on about he is undefeated with a cherry picked resume post De La Hoya. I am now a fan of a Floyd and I want him to fight the best! That means Martinez at 160. Furthermore I still want to see a PAC fight! Both are on the decline but both are still up for a good show

Comment

I don't care if he losses or wins I just want him to fight meaningful fights.
                Do you realize his whole career he was the favorite to win in every fight. Not the stuff greatness is made of!

Comment

Yea i could care lessif Floyd retires undefeated or not. I just want him to fight the best/most threatening fighters AT HIS WEIGHT before he retires: Pacquiao or Martinez, Bradley (if he goes on to beat Marquez), then 2 fights left for whoever is top at the moment right ow its Danny Garcia and not much else coming off losses around his weight

Comment

Working...
                  X