Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do professional boxers do between fights??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    It depends on the person and what level of fighter you are. Lower level boxers are always in the gym, working out and may have a hole in the wall job as a dish washer... If they are still young 18yrs or so, they may go to school unless they are a poorer boxer who needs to sweep the gym floor to pay for their gym membership.

Hatton for instance does jack ****. He eats fried foods and drinks beer all day, doesn't look after himself or his body. Like a fat ****. Isn't that what Brits call lazy fat ass people?

Guzman does jack ****. He hardly works out, he probably spends most his time on Miami beach trying to play gangsta and ****in mad hoes. Wasting his money away. He honestly doesn't do jack **** though, he stays in pretty good shape somehow but he isn't training. He is always cut but hardly works out.

Oscar Dela Hoya would eat well but didn't train much. He spent most of his time on business adventures. Running golden boy promotions.

Floyd always works out. It's apart of his daily routine. Besides that he parties sometimes, hangs with the family. Invests in that dead end of a record label. lol

Hozumi Hasegawa is a family oriented guy. He spends most of his time with his wife and kids out in the countryside of Kobe Japan. He spends some time at the gym too, but doesn't do anything too intense between fights.

Those are just some examples of the ones I know for sure.
    Very good post man, thanks a lot!! Green K on your way

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
      I don't think Hatton trains in between fights when he goes up to 175 .Only reason I know this is because if you binge drink and train with enough intensity on that day the majority of the weight still stays off .Hatton must go on it for days to get that big with no exercise .Just the sweet science what I know from experience .I can keep a 10 pack of beer off with a 20 minute circuit easy .Hatton could probably walk around 150 154 with a 20 minute fast run on binge days or a hard conditioning circuit with enough intensity , burpees , jumprope , bags , shadowboxing etc .
      Hatton naturally weighs 175... He doesnt go back into training for probably about a month after his fights, so when he cuts for a fight down to 140-147, its very easy to put back on weight that you cut, why do you think dudes will weigh in at 147 and the day of the fight come in at 160ish, that's only a little more than a day after they weigh in, because they cut the weight, not lost it, its the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        Hatton naturally weighs 175... He doesnt go back into training for probably about a month after his fights, so when he cuts for a fight down to 140-147, its very easy to put back on weight that you cut, why do you think dudes will weigh in at 147 and the day of the fight come in at 160ish, that's only a little more than a day after they weigh in, because they cut the weight, not lost it, its the same thing...
        175's heavy for lww man .I read on Rosstraining you should stay at 5 percent of your fight weight .Maybe for Hatton this is a bit too strict but tbh at the very very most I would say for a LWW should be is 160 and that's been generous with a beer training the odd days and eating pretty much what you want .

Comment

Originally posted by putaloco View Post
          edwin valero likes to drink and beat his wife
          I thought she "fell down a flight of stairs"

Comment

Well, a real boxer who's about his ***** would stay in the gym between fights. Stay in shape and ready.

Comment

"edwin valero likes to drink and beat his wife"

lol that **** cracked me up

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
                I thought she "fell down a flight of stairs"
                lol oh yeah she fell down the stairs and into a power punching flurry by edwin.

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                  175's heavy for lww man .I read on Rosstraining you should stay at 5 percent of your fight weight .Maybe for Hatton this is a bit too strict but tbh at the very very most I would say for a LWW should be is 160 and that's been generous with a beer training the odd days and eating pretty much what you want .
                  Some people can cut more weight, get over it

Comment

Most sensible pros stay in decent shape with light gymwork a few days a week or some cross-training (pac plays bball for example) and they relax their diets but don't go too crazy. And they continue with their regular jobs depending on what kind of money they make as fighters. But some like Hatton go nuts and gain way too much weight.

Comment

dedicated boxers train in between fights like the klitchos, bernard, etc

other boxers just party, go on vacation, or relax

Comment

Working...
                      X